CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2 Global [Beta]

jojoferari

Reaction score
Where are the latest builds? Where are the most recent instructions. It seems like everything got really disorganized after the OTA, not the developers, but the helpful forum folks.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bfederspill

Reaction score
Any more you need to get "ROM Toolbox" from the market to get the latest updates.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Kimo91

Reaction score
I cannot seem to find "ROM toolbox" anywhere in the market...can anyone help me with this? I'm wanting to flash my ROM but don't want to do it untilled I have all tools available

Sent from my Boeing approved rooted Gingerbread D2G

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where are the latest builds? Where are the most recent instructions. It seems like everything got really disorganized after the OTA, not the developers, but the helpful forum folks.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Here I am ..Lol at least one of us anyway, and honestly, just lots of work lately..but I'm not sure what directions you need? If you've been flashing the nightlies, this is no different..just another nightly that happens to be 2.3.7....I would wipe data and dalvick...by wiping data, it wil format both cache and data..mount system choose zip and install....If I were you, I would backup, just in case...and I would manually do the flash in cwm...Also, don't forget, if you wipe data, flash the gapps...peace!

One Epic Blue and Bold Cm7(otaGBK) .----->fastforward!
I am the biggest Pink Floyd fan...btw...

bfederspill

Reaction score
I checked, I found mine on the market. Try "Rom toolbox pro" and see if it comes up.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Kimo91

Reaction score
I installed this but kept getting too many force close messages and my media apps quit working. Had to SBF back to FROYO and reload GB.

Sent from my Boeing sponsored rooted Gingerbread D2G

Byakushiki

Reaction score
There's been a flurry of issues lately. I'm still opting to stick with Froyo based CM at the moment; I guess old habits die hard.
So it already made it to 2.3.7 huh? That would explain the gapps issues. 2.3.5 gapps do not play nice with 2.3.7 from what I've read so far.

Seems that we've made it past 500 posts as well.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Is the froyo base even being developed? I thought it was abandoned in favor of the GB leak. Which was depressing as I won't be using the gb based CM until/if/when GB is officially released for the D2G

Byakushiki

Reaction score
It already is released for Droid 2 Global. Gb base cm is a tad unstable though.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
It already is released for Droid 2 Global. Gb base cm is a tad unstable though.

Yes...indeed... for us at the moment, is mainly camera issues..sadly that's been the issue for the past several with many of us...Its nice to see the motions are still forward, however I hope soon to see some strong fixes...Peace

One Epic Blue and Bold Cm7(otaGBK) .----->fastforward!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
What I meant was is the froyo release still being worked on. I know it is working as I am running it right now lol. No upates sine 8-16 in favor of GB, depressing,

nailbomb3

Reaction score
What method should I use to root the OTA so I can go onto to flash CM7? pzousa's D3 root tool?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
D3 root method is universal. There's a few scattered people that say GingerBreak has also worked, though I don't think it's exactly as reliable.

nailbomb3

Reaction score
D3 root method is universal. There's a few scattered people that say GingerBreak has also worked, though I don't think it's exactly as reliable.

Okay cool. So, get the OTA, root it with the D3 method and then install Koush's bootstrap and go from there eh?

Thanks!

thesoldier

Reaction score
Flashed this the other day after running hexen and liquid 3.0 for quite awhile. I have to say I'm very pleased with this rom and the customization it offers. I like it more than both roms I've had before, overall I love it!

Sent from my D2G on CM7