CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2 Global [Beta]

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Remember Not to use Bootstrapper on 2nd Init ROMs...(Cm7, Miui etc.) I'm sure there may be a chance your device is diff but wouldn't chance it..and yes Cm7 with ota = Pure Magic! Lol

Tapped by the Droid Drummer!
Cyanogen Hunger--------Peace---------->>>

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Remember Not to use Bootstrapper on 2nd Init ROMs...(Cm7, Miui etc.) I'm sure there may be a chance your device is diff but wouldn't chance it..and yes Cm7 with ota = Pure Magic! Lol

Its fine to get there of course..:)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The D2G is officially supported with Boot Manager now.

Boot Manager

nailbomb3

Reaction score
I'm up on 10/30 build. So far so good. Great battery life. No tweaks applied so far.

I noticed thou the D2/DX guys have an 11/5 build out. Wonder what's holding up 11/5 for us Global dudes?

MerkXR4

Reaction score
nailbomb3: you said you're up on 10/30 build, but are you a Droid 2, or a Droid 2 Global user. I only see 8/28, 8/29, and 8/30 as options for D2G (CM4D2G).

thesoldier

Reaction score
I'm on the 10/17 build for the D2G. I think it was on a thread on rootzwiki that had the link.

Edit: sorry I meant 10/19 build. Here's the link to the thread.
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/3069-dev-threaddroid-2-global-cm7-with-gingerbread-leak-kernel/

Sent from my D2G on CM7

Last edited:

nailbomb3

Reaction score
Any more you need to get "ROM Toolbox" from the market to get the latest updates.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

That's the ticket, allthou there is an 11/5 build for GLOBAL that doesn't show up in RT. I posted a direct link on the Rootz thread.

menoarenoniceguy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the directions in this wiki article are still current?:

Motorola Droid 2 Global: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

The page was last updated (on 27 October 2011, at 03:16) so I'm assuming yes?
I'm running 2.4.330, rooted and bootstrapped with backups made. Was going to give CM7 a try before taking the OTA GB update...think I might end up staying with CM7 if it works good on my D2G -- just wanted to see if anyone knew if those instructions in the wiki were still current.
Thanks in advance!

nailbomb3

Reaction score
Just got CM7 up and running last night/this morning around 1am. Man this is nice... beautiful ROM. Runs very smoothly except for my GPS which I believe is a separate issue.

Please help if you can, link to my thread is here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1831787
D2G GPS Issues

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Both maps and sportstracker work good for me.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

mr.inter

Reaction score
Can anybody report any bugs/limitations with CM7 on GB kernel? I read that it's a bit unstable on GSM. Is this true? I am very keen to install it on my stock rooted GB D2G, however this GSM thing is kind of holding me back.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If your on GSM then stick with the froyo version or use a different rom imo. Its basically hit or miss on if data works on GSM, otherwise its fine. Up to you though.