DO NOT BUY aftermarket batteries - they are a SCAM, period

swamp

Reaction score
Old news but worth emphasizing. OEM batteries test at or very near stated capacities. Aftermarket batteries are a total scam. Sedio and Mugen batteries typically test at about 80% of stated capacity. Fake OEM batteries are even worse. This type of dishonesty really "gets my goat". This should be all of the scientific evidence you need:

BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!

Please, DO NOT support these scammers.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had a Seidio 2800 for over a year now, one of the best purchases I made for my D1- your thread title is a little over the top IMO

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The Chinese "cheapo" batteries are great for backups. I don't use extended batteries, but will carry one in my back pocket in case I need it.

And I use a Thunderbolt.

OP
swamp

swamp

Reaction score
I have had a Seidio 2800 for over a year now, one of the best purchases I made for my D1- your thread title is a little over the top IMO

Perhaps.

How happy would you be if your Tbolt had a 800 MHz processor and a 16 GB memory card even if advertised exactly as it is advertised today (1 GHz and 32 GB, just for those who don't know)? This is the same thing.

I would place a large (huge ;)) financial wager that this battery you are so happy with does not have its stated capacity. The 3500 mAh Sedio for the Evo comes in at about 2800 mAh, less than 80% of its claimed capacity (see that line in the link I posted prior). Sure your battery has more capacity than the stock one and as long as you are the type OK with lies as long as they make your phone experience better that is fine.

Similarly a Tbolt with a 800 MHz processor and 16 GB memory card probably would still be a darn fine phone. Both you and I may be "happy with our purchase".

That does not make utterly false advertising OK nor not a crime. And that is more than just MHO.

In conclusion large capacity batteries can indeed be a good purchase. However, the manufacturers should not blatantly lie about their capacities. Such batteries could sell just fine even with honest specifications.

P.S. Do Sedio or Mugen support this forum? Or perhaps folks that peddle their products? And just to be 100% clear I have no business nor financial interests in anything phone or phone battery related.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's the second time you went way overboard - I didn't say the claim of 2800Mah was right on the button I just said I was happy with my purchase, as I am sure a lot of other people in the world have been and will be to come -

Last edited:

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's a battery.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
It's a battery.

Very good!

I agree with the OP, they shouldn't be allowed to label them way above what their actual capacity is.

I wouldn't tell people not to buy them though, i mean you can get 3 "1500mah" batteries for like $12 on ebay. I realize they probably test out at 1000-1200mah but, that is still quite a deal.

jawa6969

Reaction score
DO BUY after-market batteries, your experience may be different then the OP.

I purchased the Sedio slim extended for the TB and have not put the stock battery in since. I get (with my usage) a tad over 20 hours per charge.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Doesn't change the fact that seidio and mugen are lying to their customers. What a disgrace!

jseah

Reaction score
I never buy no name batteries. The one time I went cheap and bought a no name battery from ebay, it was a piece of junk. I bought a second backup battery for my digital SLR. It lasted less than 1/10th as long as the OEM battery that came with my camera. After less than a couple of hours in the camera, it would show low battery and I would have to recharge it. And if I recharged it and just left the battery sitting on a table unused, within two days it would be dead and would need to be recharged again.

OP
swamp

swamp

Reaction score
That's the second time you went way overboard - I didn't say the claim of 2800Mah was right on the button I just said I was happy with my purchase, as I am sure a lot of other people in the world have been and will be to come -

Without rancor I just don't see how you call my post "way overboard". I never said you did claim the 2800 was a factually correct number. I admitted my first post/topic was perhaps a bit over the top and simply went on to further my point through an analogy. I also agreed that such purchases can indeed totally enhance ownership as was your experience. What is so overboard here?

As you can see others absolutely agree with me on this point.

FWIW I verified for myself that you can definitely purchase Sedio and Mugen products right off of this forum. I know message boards are private and are not obligated to be bastions of Constitutional free speech. At the same time blatant false advertising should not be supported in any way, by purchases or forum moderation. JMHO.

OP
swamp

swamp

Reaction score
DO BUY after-market batteries, your experience may be different then the OP.

There is nothing about my personal experience in my post. If you read it was a pretty well controlled scientific experiement comparing claimed capacities to actual capacities.

I purchased the Sedio slim extended for the TB and have not put the stock battery in since. I get (with my usage) a tad over 20 hours per charge.

I agreed with the mod that my post title may have been a bit over the top. I've also wholeheartedly agreed that an extended battery can significantly enhance your device experience. If you keep focusing on this though you are really missing the point.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score

Without rancor I just don't see how you call my post "way overboard". I never said you did claim the 2800 was a factually correct number. I admitted my first post/topic was perhaps a bit over the top and simply went on to further my point through an analogy. I also agreed that such purchases can indeed totally enhance ownership as was your experience. What is so overboard here?

As you can see others absolutely agree with me on this point.

FWIW I verified for myself that you can definitely purchase Sedio and Mugen products right off of this forum. I know message boards are private and are not obligated to be bastions of Constitutional free speech. At the same time blatant false advertising should not be supported in any way, by purchases or forum moderation. JMHO.
Your right, my apologies ;)

droidFreak190

Reaction score
hey I heard the EVO 4g battery is gonna fit our phones and its going to be a higher mah...any truth to this?...god I hope so....even tho i average liek 10 hours which i am used to I could always go for more

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm my cheapo $10 batteries are actually holding up pretty well. I got 2 for 10$ and battery life seems good enough so far.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk