DO NOT BUY aftermarket batteries - they are a SCAM, period

shoot2scre

Reaction score
hey I heard the EVO 4g battery is gonna fit our phones and its going to be a higher mah...any truth to this?...god I hope so....even tho i average liek 10 hours which i am used to I could always go for more

Can anyone comment on this?

iRenegade

Reaction score
Look at the 1700 battery thread in TB accessories, I picked up 2 My Touch batteries and a generic charger for about $40. 2nd day of testing one out now.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hey I heard the EVO 4g battery is gonna fit our phones and its going to be a higher mah...any truth to this?...god I hope so....even tho i average liek 10 hours which i am used to I could always go for more

The EVO battery will NOT fit in the Tbolt as they are different physical size.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jawa6969

Reaction score
None of the batteries on your link with the exception of the stock TP battery tested at the advertised capacity. What's your point? So should we conclude the OEM battery manufacturers are lying as well. Oh and Thunderbolt batteries are not even tested.

Did you yourself actually get an after-market battery and test it yourself or did you just read that link and get on here and rant?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Jawa if you want to prove op wrong, start conducting tests and have some data to backup your argument. Otherwise you have nothing to stand on.

Sent from Tapatalk on Thunderbolt

OP
swamp

swamp

Reaction score
Yeah who needs scientific testing (sarcasm). I want contradictory anecdotes coming out my freaking ears... HTC OEM batteries in general test very close to stated specs and better than anything else on the market. The tests don't lie and establish a clear pattern. Case closed.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
A tad off topic but i was told this morning that the new radio:

<jamezelle> battery life is awesome on this new stuff
<Cakesalicous> can't wait!
<jamezelle> u get at least 24 hours and still 50%
<Cakesalicous> omg
<Cakesalicous> no friggin way
<jamezelle> yea chica!
<Cakesalicous> dang!
<jamezelle> et rawkz!

SOOOOOO...who cares about batteries if this is true lol. i just (well Jamezelle just) flashed the new radio for me. We shall see.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

<Cakesalicous> omg
<jamezelle> yea chica!
<Cakesalicous> dang!
<jamezelle> et rawkz!

SOOOOOO...who cares about batteries if this is true lol. i just (well Jamezelle just) flashed the new radio for me. We shall see.

I've actually noticed no difference in battery life

This thread has been Thunder struck!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I haven't noticed any difference in battery. I've never had 4G hand off issues, then again I've only been in 3g going to Pittsburgh.

zenivzen

Reaction score
i too got seemingly burned by seidio. they wouldn't put anything in writing but gave me a number to talk to a rep who then told me that moto's firmware is the problem. funny how they didn't offer to refund my money. if you go cheap, expect cheap. also, the charger they sold me that charges a battery came with a cord to charge a phone. the cord doesn't even carry amperage load to charge a bluetooth headset. thanks, seidio.

zenivzen

Reaction score
there are opinions, there are trolls, there are bad batteries, there are good, but, buyer beware, companies are greedy, consumers are consumers; praise the almighty dollar. i got burned by seidio, that's how i feel, but seidio don't care about zen's pain or the words in print since they'll only doctor their page and excise my experience if i tried to warn others. it's like standing in line for a roller coaster even though others get off and puke. some just say, "me next."

zenman77

Reaction score
Old news but worth emphasizing. OEM batteries test at or very near stated capacities. Aftermarket batteries are a total scam. Sedio and Mugen batteries typically test at about 80% of stated capacity. Fake OEM batteries are even worse. This type of dishonesty really "gets my goat". This should be all of the scientific evidence you need:

BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!

Please, DO NOT support these scammers.
I'm afraid I don't agree with you either. I have a 1700 mah Seidio for my thunderbolt and am very pleased with it. If your logic rang true, with 20% less than what it's stated to have I would'nt have any increase in battery over the oem that came with it and that is simply not the case.

zenman77

Reaction score

<Cakesalicous> omg
<jamezelle> yea chica!
<Cakesalicous> dang!
<jamezelle> et rawkz!

Actually I too noticed even better battery life since upgrading the radio..... Anyone else notice this?

OP
swamp

swamp

Reaction score
I'm afraid I don't agree with you either. I have a 1700 mah Seidio for my thunderbolt and am very pleased with it. If your logic rang true, with 20% less than what it's stated to have I would'nt have any increase in battery over the oem that came with it and that is simply not the case.

My reply is just obvious "basics"

1. I don't trust anecdotal evidence nor uncontrolled testing. Use patterns vary too much. You must test scientifically, period. This become very difficult on an actual phone.
2. I am not saying everyone WILL be disappointed with all non OEM batteries. I am saying that the only scientific evidence I have seen indicates that ALL aftermarket battery companies are LIARS, period. Often not just little white lies either but huge, real lies.

bhall238

Reaction score
I bought the extended HTC battery from my Verizon store for the Thunderbolt because it was so convenient and I got a discount as well. I did buy the extended battery for my Droid I from Seidio and loved it. I have no statistical data to back it up but never the less I was happy. What I am not happy about is that Verizon and HTC seem so unprepared with the support for this phone with an extended battery. I had to buy the belt clip holder from Seidio. It's for the naked phone and worked great but I broke it last week (hit it on something, phone is still perfect) and it looks like I'll have to order it from Seidio again because there is nothing out yet from Verizon that will work with this battery. I didn't mean to hijack this thread, so sorry.