Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

P. S. Mass storage is fine.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I've got all the files, though the .902 FXZ you hosted has been pulled. I've got the copy I've been using to flash back so I'm using that. I'm DL'ing the razrs edge exploit right now, and once I've got it in place I'll go for it.

So it appears I'm in a boot loop right now on the M Dual Core screen. I am really hoping it eventually boots but its not looking hopeful, might have to experience app loss again :/ at least its backed up with Titanium this time

I didn't time it but it was a long time, longer than I'd ever had before and I've flashed a lot of roms and leaks in my many years of being a Droid owner. So I just fxz'd back to 902 and will just re-install my apps from backup in Titanium. It may be that it only works if you go all the way to 230 but I didn't put the zip that was inside the zip of the 230, I didn't think about it being 2 parts inside a zip and that made it so I couldn't upgrade to 230. So it may be my fault but regardless, it wouldn't even let me boot into 905 or 902.

I clearly have a bit of work to do to clean up the op. I'll take care of it a bit later when I'm on my laptop. I apologize to those that had trouble. The good news is a post cellzealot made on xda. 230 very well may be the official ota. Gotta love that!

Ok I updated the op with better links and instructions. I also added a caution about the 230 zip. All done from my Xoom so hopefully it's right. :)

I'm in the process of doing this now: currently installing the 905 OTA from recovery.

What I have observed so far:

Everything seems ok. I did noticed it saying failed write with cdt.bin and mbmloader.bin (no such file/directory or something like that). Those files are in my fxz directory. I'm guessing those are not important. Also around flashing the preinstall.img my computer appear as if it lock up. I could only move my mouse around. It stayed there for about 15 minutes as I decided to give it some time. My computer finally came responsive and it continued with the rest of the moto-fastboot part of the script.

Currently installing ICS 230 now.

You're right, those aren't important, although I don't know why they failed. They didn't for me. Nonetheless, as timmy10shoes has said, they're not important for what we're doing here.

Back