Jaxidian

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I also ran aLogcat to see what was coming up when I switched on and off bluetooth. There were some mentions of "bluez" and I had seen this yesterday when reading through stuff. I did a search and this turned up:

Bluetooth | Android Open Source
https://sites.google.com/a/android.com/opensource/projects/bluetooth-faq

Thanks for this info. Putting these two pages together, I wonder if something useful can be had from here. There are download links and ultimately links to take you to some source code.

The FAQ page you linked to says:
[Android is] based on Bluez version 3.36.

Luca992

Reaction score
Jaxidian sorry to bring this up again but I looked at that site where I got the wifi divers again and I really can't find anything that says you have to pay for the driver development services. Unless you mean we cant afford to donate a droid x, then I understand. From what I understand it is a free service, so how wouldn't it be affordable?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BuddyGripple

Reaction score
Jaxidian sorry to bring this up again but I looked at that site where I got the wifi divers again and I really can't find anything that says you have to pay for the driver development services. Unless you mean we cant afford to donate a droid x, then I understand. From what I understand it is a free service, so how wouldn't it be affordable?

I think that ties into the last post in this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/project-bootloader-freedom/125860-resources-needed-2.html

Has anybody hit up JfGirard0423? He's willing to donate a Droid X to have it's drivers developed professionally, so if he comes through that would wipe out the whole no resources thing. It's worth a shot, so is there any word on that?

OP
Jaxidian

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

I was under the impression that they were a consulting service charging for their labor. I guess I was mistaken. Will look more into this. However, based on their FAQ, they say that they expect manufacturer support, which they surely won't get in our case.

I've joined the mailing list and will see what's up.

hookinafish

Reaction score
I have been following your progress for a few days now. I just got my droid x about 2 weeks ago and was disappointed to find the bootloader locked. I am excited to see your progress guys, keep up the good work!

I did some searching for the bluetooth driver info. Here's a faq site I came up with. I don't know much when it comes to this stuff, so I don't know if it's much help:
https://sites.google.com/a/android.com/opensource/projects/bluetooth-faq

momus87

Reaction score
Hi,

As a milestone2 owner, I've been following this project closely the last few weeks.

I spent some time on the bluetooth driver hunt, and here's what I found :

-
First of all, I'm pretty sure that the TriQuint TQM679002 is a dead-end.
As we can see, on Habe's post (#5), the TQM stands beetween the buetooth/wifi chip and the antenna. TQM deals with the chip, not the os. No driver required then.
The real chip is the WL1273.

-WL1273 and WL1271 belong to the same product class : Wilink 6.0.
The only difference is 802.11a support for WL1273.
---->Link<----

This chip handles Wifi, FM radio, and bluetooth.
I would be very suprised if WL1271 driver didn't fit the 1273 as well

-There is a driver project for WiLink 6.0, on TI's website :

ARM Processor Wireless Connectivity - Texas Instruments Embedded Processors Wiki

ARM Processor Wireless Connectivity Downloads - Texas Instruments Embedded Processors Wiki

There is a driver available for Ti Omap 3530, not 3630, but as whe can see -->here<--, the droid x's omap 3630 is a just a faster die-shrink of the 3530. The driver should fit.
The only concern is the kernel version you want it to run in.

-Another option is to contact Motorola Milestone's and Droid's CM mainainers.
Those two phones use the WL1271 and have no problem with bluetooth.
They very probabily can help if asked :

android.doshaska.net | Nadlabak's little bits and pieces for Motorola Milestone and Android
Koush - Viewing Profile - CyanogenMod Forum

Hope this helps...

Now, get CM on your damn' droidx and start working on milestone2 ! :icon_evil: :icon_wink:

Ps: I'd bet this all-in-one driver can also replace the wifi driver you previously found.

Edit : I just realized that what I've found was in fact what Eulerphi8 digged oud in the wifi thread.
Sadly, it looks like he didn't get enough attention at this time, since wl12xx worked.

Strikeir13

Reaction score
Hi,

As a milestone2 owner, I've been following this project closely the last few weeks.

I spent some time on the bluetooth driver hunt, and here's what I found :

-
First of all, I'm pretty sure that the TriQuint TQM679002 is a dead-end.
As we can see, on Habe's post (#5), the TQM stands beetween the buetooth/wifi chip and the antenna. TQM deals with the chip, not the os. No driver required then.
The real chip is the WL1273.

-WL1273 and WL1271 belong to the same product class : Wilink 6.0.
The only difference is 802.11a support for WL1273.
---->Link<----

This chip handles Wifi, FM radio, and bluetooth.
I would be very suprised if WL1271 driver didn't fit the 1273 as well

-There is a driver project for WiLink 6.0, on TI's website :

ARM Processor Wireless Connectivity - Texas Instruments Embedded Processors Wiki

ARM Processor Wireless Connectivity Downloads - Texas Instruments Embedded Processors Wiki

There is a driver available for Ti Omap 3530, not 3630, but as whe can see -->here<--, the droid x's omap 3630 is a just a faster die-shrink of the 3530. The driver should fit.
The only concern is the kernel version you want it to run in.

-Another option is to contact Motorola Milestone's and Droid's CM mainainers.
Those two phones use the WL1271 and have no problem with bluetooth.
They very probabily can help if asked :

android.doshaska.net | Nadlabak's little bits and pieces for Motorola Milestone and Android
Koush - Viewing Profile - CyanogenMod Forum

Hope this helps...

Now, get CM on your damn' droidx and start working on milestone2 ! :icon_evil: :icon_wink:

Ps: I'd bet this all-in-one driver can also replace the wifi driver you previously found.

Edit : I just realized that what I've found was in fact what Eulerphi8 digged oud in the wifi thread.
Sadly, it looks like he didn't get enough attention at this time, since wl12xx worked.

Did alias ever look at the CM BT sources to see if they would work? From this thread/post, it seems the OG droid and the DX have similar BT chips, so a confirmation/rejection for the OG droid bluetooth drivers would be helpful. Then us non-techies can either move on or continue digging :)