Droid RAZR Case Review Thread

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I had to post this disaster of a case. It looks like a Palm Pilot whit that case on

Yeah for sure that is one that should not have been made. When I said "why would you do such a thing to this beautiful device", I was meaning the people who made the case. I know you would never put such on a thing on your phone. Just making sure that was clear, and you didn't think I was poking fun at you.

narmster

Reaction score
Ughh I've been looking at cases for ever now I just can't decide between the SGP and the Speck cases! I love how my phone looks, and I don't really want to give up its sexy feel, but even with the strong build quality, its susceptible to small blemishes. I just want a case that keeps the phone safe from minor scratches and falls but keeping it good looking. Can anyone tell me how the two cases compare? There aren't any reviews I've found for the SGP, so any info about it would be great. I know its made out of TPU, which is a plus, while the Speck is a two-part hard case. Any opinions would be great.

octoberdana

Reaction score
I have had Speck cases in the past, and they are solidly constructed. They are also incredibly hard to get off so make sure that you wouldn't need to do that frequently.

As for me, I purchased the blue gloss silicone Verizon case for my Razr. I like that it shows the white razr through the case, and also that it hardly adds any bulk.

I did order the Case mate barely there, but it made the phone way too wide for me to hold comfortably and I didn't care for the texture of the back.

stang64

Reaction score
I picked up a bluish greenish tpu case from Verizon, barely ads any bulk to the phone. Looks pretty cool on the white razr.

musclemilk

Reaction score
Incipio has always been good to me .

I will either get that or the Verizon one with a kickstand

Sent from my Xoom

tc1

Reaction score
musclemilk said:
Incipio has always been good to me .

I will either get that or the Verizon one with a kickstand

Sent from my Xoom

I have/had the one from Verizon.

It actually leaves the corners unprotected

cmorty72

Reaction score
After trying out multiple cases for my Razr, the VZW TPU still wins hands down. Especially after my son dropping it a couple of times while playing his kiddy games. No damage whatsoever to my Razr or the case.

Sent from a covert location using telepathic means and satellite relays.

musclemilk

Reaction score
Anyone notice the VZ kickstands gets stuck ?

I am.trying to put the kickstands down and it's not nudging

octoberdana

Reaction score
I picked up a bluish greenish tpu case from Verizon, barely ads any bulk to the phone. Looks pretty cool on the white razr.

That is the one I got, it looks awesome on the white razr! I wanted one where you could still see the white, but not have it get dirty.

Love that it keeps the slim profile but provides just enough protection.

mkern24

Reaction score
Anyone know of a case out there for the Droid Razr that has stowaway??? I had it for my IPhone by incipio and cannot find one for my newly aquired Razr.... Please let me know if you find any....

mnordic

Reaction score
Just wanted to put my two cents in - I used this thread when I got my Razr to make a decision on what was right for me.
First post by the way! I work in construction and have my phone in my pocket a lot, go from sitting to standing, high dust environment, ect... so I wanted something quite protective. The Otterbox Commuter is by far the best cover for me - I also ordered the (Incipio?) a couple hard cases and a couple of other TPU cases. I really like how the rubber covers on the commuter flip over the power and headphone jack, as with my old Droid X sawdust/fine material would build up in the jack to the point where i couldn't use it without a Co2 spray. Also, the way the rubber grabs and seals around all sides of the touchscreen is really nice - I had issues with sawdust getting in the back of my Droid X case.

For me, this case is ideal, although it does take away from some of the aesthetics. For my girlfriend, she really likes the pink Incipio, it adds style without too much bulkiness and protection like I need. I did buy a clear TPU that I really like, but will probably never use it unless my phone needs to get dressed up for a party or something.

JDH

Reaction score
I like the naked feel of the phone and I live on a farm so phones can take a beating. For protection i signed up for $6.95 per month for full replacement if it gets run over buy a tractor or something ( I actually ran over a BB bold with the John Deere 855 in its case and it survived).
I purchase a "Rocketfish Mobile hip case for larger -sized handsets" at Best Buy for $25. It is black soft leather and has an excellent finish , rotating belt clip for verticle or horizonal wearing and a compartment for credit card or business cards. Fits the maxx perfectly.

CMan0928

Reaction score
First time poster. Just got my RAZR in the mail today, along with the black silicone soft case and a three-pack of the anti-glare screen protectors. The case seems like it doesn't fit the phone extremely well. It also seems like if my hand is wet it could get quite slick. I may have to go to the Verizon store tomorrow and see if they have any other alternatives. I don't want the Otterbox case. Anyone have any suggestions on a similar, better fitting soft case? Also, is the anti-glare screen protector better than the regular non-glare protectors? Anyone have a preference? Thanks in advance for the help. Sorry if I got directly off-topic.

stang64

Reaction score
There are a few alternatives to the otterbox that you might want to check out that are pretty good. Trident, Sieido, Incipio and Casemate ( to name a few). Check out the daydeal website, I've bought most of my accessories from them. I have a bluish greenish tpu case from Verizon and an NGP silicone case from Incipio for my Razr that I switch between. As far as screen protectors go, I personally don't like the anti-glare ones, they make the screen look "grainy" or "dirty" if you will. I prefer the clear ones.