[TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

jailmakerjr

Reaction score
Thanks matt u saved my bacon and probally others as well you are like yoda using the force badass.dancedroid

akiles

Reaction score
Batman left verizon?
Where did you go? And why? We need to know these things! :biggrin:
I myself just learned about what big red is doing to the unlim. data plans. First thing I did, I went to the Sprint site to price plans and phones...:mad:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All of the things you mentioned caused him to leave.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

GoDux

Reaction score
I get as far as writing devtree and then the utility hangs. Any suggestions? I'm running a rooted gb currently btw.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I get as far as writing devtree and then the utility hangs. Any suggestions? I'm running a rooted gb currently btw.

Welcome to the forums.

What are you trying to do with the Utility?

akiles

Reaction score
It is unbelievable how verizon is rewarding their old customers (the ones with the old unlim. data.) I've been with them since 2002!
I still remember my first old windows phone -before the iphone was on the map- with the stylus and the "resistive?" screen and a whooping 128mb of ram.
Battery life: 2hr on standby; 45min if you made a phone call; and as big as a brick.

All of the things you mentioned caused him to leave.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

GoDux

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.

What are you trying to do with the Utility?

Option 1, sorry. The last time it seemed to hang i just unplugged my phone but did not shut down the utility. Upon returning to my computer the utility showed this prompt, awaiting device. I set to AP fastboot and plugged it back in and the utility continued. Now it's on the 3rd line of writing preinstall and has been doing so for going on 15 minutes.

GoDux

Reaction score
Option 1, sorry. The last time it seemed to hang i just unplugged my phone but did not shut down the utility. Upon returning to my computer the utility showed this prompt, awaiting device. I set to AP fastboot and plugged it back in and the utility continued. Now it's on the 3rd line of writing preinstall and has been doing so for going on 15 minutes.

Finally made it through option 1. When I tried to boot the phone up I got the dead droid screen. Now when I try to boot it the dual core screen comes up and then it appears to turn back off. Anybody?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Finally made it through option 1. When I tried to boot the phone up I got the dead droid screen. Now when I try to boot it the dual core screen comes up and then it appears to turn back off. Anybody?

Choosing Option 1 will not work if you are on GB now. Those are the Fastboot files for people that are on ICS and have problems, you can't just flash those onto any phone. I am not sure what you should do now, maybe use the 1.7 Utility for a stuck ICS and have the GB update on your SD card and install from there?

You "MIGHT" be able to use the 1.6 Utility and option 1 to restore back to .181, but I do not know that for sure so I would not try it until someone else chimes in. I don't want you to mess your phone up anymore, I would recommend reading a bit more before trying stuff like this.

I think your only option would be to use the 1.7 utility for fix a stuck ICS, that will trick your phone into thinking you are on the .181 boot.img and loader. From there you "MIGHT" be able to have the .181 update on your Ext-SD card and install it from there, or even if you have the ICS update .211 on your SD Card you "MIGHT" be able to load that one instead and be on stock ICS.

Again might wait for someone else to chime in on this one, and as always READ READ READ then PROCEED. :)

Last edited:

GoDux

Reaction score
Choosing Option 1 will not work if you are on GB now. Those are the Fastboot files for people that are on ICS and have problems, you can't just flash those onto any phone. I am not sure what you should do now, maybe use the 1.7 Utility for a stuck ICS and have the GB update on your SD card and install from there?

You "MIGHT" be able to use the 1.6 Utility and option 1 to restore back to .181, but I do not know that for sure so I would not try it until someone else chimes in. I don't want you to mess your phone up anymore, I would recommend reading a bit more before trying stuff like this.

I think your only option would be to use the 1.7 utility for fix a stuck ICS, that will trick your phone into thinking you are on the .181 boot.img and loader. From there you "MIGHT" be able to have the .181 update on your Ext-SD card and install it from there, or even if you have the ICS update .211 on your SD Card you "MIGHT" be able to load that one instead and be on stock ICS.

Again might wait for someone else to chime in on this one, and as always READ READ READ then PROCEED. :)

Yeah, my bad on this one . I misunderstood the direction I was given when using the utility. The phone won't even turn on at this point, not even to the dual core screen. I'll continue to sesrch for solutions before biying the bullet and getting a new device.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah, my bad on this one . I misunderstood the direction I was given when using the utility. The phone won't even turn on at this point, not even to the dual core screen. I'll continue to sesrch for solutions before biying the bullet and getting a new device.

If you do some searching there are some threads on how you can get your phone to take a charge, or you can buy one of those special charging cables. I can't think of what they call it right now, someone will hopefully know but that will make your phone get a charge so you can try and flash a new OS.

I would not give up just yet, might be able to get you fixed up still.

GoDux

Reaction score
If you do some searching there are some threads on how you can get your phone to take a charge, or you can buy one of those special charging cables. I can't think of what they call it right now, someone will hopefully know but that will make your phone get a charge so you can try and flash a new OS.

I would not give up just yet, might be able to get you fixed up still.

The phone was fully charged when i began the process. It did take about an hour to finish though. Could it be another issue keeping it from booting possibly?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The phone was fully charged when i began the process. It did take about an hour to finish though. Could it be another issue keeping it from booting possibly?

No this happens quite often when you get to flashing and can't get your phone into a working state. It is unable to take a charge which is why they always say have your battery at least 80% charged, which I am sure you did. Yet you have been working on it for awhile and probably drained the battery quite a bit.