[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
DroidRazrUtilityLogo.png

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzyu2qz8L6U[/video]

This is ONLY for the DROID RAZR XT912 and DROID RAZR MAXX XT912. Do NOT use this on an XT910!

DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean
Use a Download Manager such as "Orbit Download Manager" for best downloading results.

Mirrors:
Dev-Host
NetLoad
Batakang

Filesize: 480 MB (503,317,180 bytes)
MD5: A97EE9A80CA38C9D4C85FFCAB828D8F0

- Windows Instructions
Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

YOrlfVS.png

- Mac & Linux Instructions

Extract the .zip to any folder you like, the /Downloads/ or /Desktop/ folder should work just fine.
Open a Terminal window. (On Mac: Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
Learn your 'sudo' password. This is almost always your Admin password on a Mac computer. On Linux you should already know what this is, its yours account password if your account is an admin as well.
Type the following code into the Terminal Windows, places where it says ***DRAG HERE*** are telling you to simply drag the folder there. For example: cd ***DRAG FOLDER HERE*** then press 'Enter' after each line.
Code:
cd ***DRAG UNZIPPED UTILITY FOLDER HERE***

chmod +x ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

bash ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

You will be asked for your sudo password at least once in the Utility process, so make sure you followed the instructions to learn it.

Functions of the DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean:
Code:
 1  Flash Official Jellybean Firmware (Wipe Data)
  2  Flash Official Jellybean Firmware (No Data Wipe)
  3  Razr Blade: Motorola Droid Razr 4.1 Root Exploit by djrbliss
  4  Install Safestrap 3 App by Hashcode.

Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official Jellybean firmware to your device and will wipe data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official Jellybean firmware to your device and will NOT wipe data.

Number 3 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's DROID RAZR 4.1 Jellybean exploit called 'RAZR Blade'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. (Note, please change the USB connection to MTP (Media device),for this part of the utility to work properly).

Number 4 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install Hashcode's App for Safestrap 3.11.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Hashcode for Safestrap and Djrbliss for RAZR_Blade!​

Last edited by a moderator:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
You're the man Matt... Great work as always.

nolanrupp

Reaction score
I have a few questions:
Will the JB version that is flashed be rooted?
Will I be able to return to ICS if need be?
Coming from ICS should I run option 1?

Thanks

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have a few questions:
Will the JB version that is flashed be rooted? You cannot flash a modified system.img on a Motorola device with a locked bootloader.

Will I be able to return to ICS if need be?
You should be able to in theory but only if you upgraded from ICS using this.

Coming from ICS should I run option 1?
You shouldn't have to wipe but worst case you reboot to recovery and wipe if you boot loop.

Thanks

Hope I answered everything..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

maestro_tpt

Reaction score
I have a rooted Razr Maxx but it will not flash Jellybean. Do I need to unroot first?

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have a rooted Razr Maxx but it will not flash Jellybean. Do I need to unroot first?

Posting more information than: "it will not flash" would really help me see what's wrong. It should flash unless directions were not followed.

maestro_tpt

Reaction score
I have a Razr Maxx running ICS and rooted. I am unable to flash Jellybean. Do I need to unroot first?

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have a Razr Maxx running ICS and rooted. I am unable to flash Jellybean. Do I need to unroot first?

No you don't explain your issue!

maestro_tpt

Reaction score
I am running ICS which is rooted. I downloaded XT912 Jellybean, extracted. I restarted the Razr in AP fastboot, plugged the phone into the computer, opened XT912 and tried option 2. The phone just sits there and does nothing. De bugging is shut off.

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am running ICS which is rooted. I downloaded XT912 Jellybean, extracted. I restarted the Razr in AP fastboot, plugged the phone into the computer, opened XT912 and tried option 2. The phone just sits there and does nothing. De bugging is shut off.

Did you install drivers?

maestro_tpt

Reaction score
I bet that is the problem. I am on a different computer. Where can I get the correct motorola drivers? what version?

And.....by the way.... Thank you for the help!

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I bet that is the problem. I am on a different computer. Where can I get the correct motorola drivers? what version?

And.....by the way.... Thank you for the help!

They are included. And the OP does tell you to install them.

maestro_tpt

Reaction score
I installed the drivers, tried option 2 again and still nothing. The phone screen (in fast boot mode) says the device is LOCKED and Status Code: 0

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I installed the drivers, tried option 2 again and still nothing. The phone screen (in fast boot mode) says the device is LOCKED and Status Code: 0

It does say --waiting for device-- correct? And it is plugged in?