[TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

snowman

Reaction score
OK not on the HD that's was what I thought after searching for a while
I'll just wait I just want to get rid or freeze the junk apps that came with the phone , I don't mind JB and I think 4.2 is really gonna be sweet from what I read http://www.android.com/whatsnew/
So I'll just wait a while for 4.2 I think it's due in a month or so and by then a root should be available .
I appreciate the help it's really confusing with all the post and guys and gals not sorting out maxx or maxx HD looks like maxx hd needs all different unlockers
Thanks again all your the best I'll be patient

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
OK not on the HD that's was what I thought after searching for a while
I'll just wait I just want to get rid or freeze the junk apps that came with the phone , I don't mind JB and I think 4.2 is really gonna be sweet from what I read
So I'll just wait a while for 4.2 I think it's due in a month or so and by then a root should be available .
I appreciate the help it's really confusing with all the post and guys and gals not sorting out maxx or maxx HD looks like maxx hd needs all different unlockers
Thanks again all your the best I'll be patient

If you are able to downgrade from 4.1.2 to ICS then unfortunately I don't see a new root method coming. That's the stance of a couple of developers, "why go through the trouble of having to find a new exploit when you have one that works now." If, however 4.1.2 is secure and you can't revert then I'd say a method will be worked out. We'll see, its only speculation. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

jtgurkin

Reaction score
Downgrade RAZR MAXX from JB to ICS

I'm trying to find a utility to allow me to downgrade from JB to ICS. Can someone please help?

snowman

Reaction score
it's just such a pain wow what a lot of work it was so easy on the D4 just root it and that was that so easy
I'm sure there is a good reason like JB can't be rooted or something but it just would be nice to not have to erase everything on the phone
and start from scratch the process takes a long time , then it takes a while to get your phone back like you want it again
I am VERY appreciative that guys like Matt made us a way and the time they took to do it must have a lot of hours into doing this

snowman

Reaction score
Go back to page one of this 33 page post looks like thats what you want

jtgurkin

Reaction score
Go back to page one of this 33 page post looks like thats what you want

That's what I thought, but the download link is gone and the "updated version" says that if you already are on JB it will brick your phone.

jtgurkin

Reaction score
Can someone please provide the download link to 1.8 since the 1.82 says it will brick a phone that is already on JB?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Can someone please provide the download link to 1.8 since the 1.82 says it will brick a phone that is already on JB?

This utility is for ICS, he was saying it will brick a phone on Gingerbread. There are no fastboot files for JB yet, thus no utility. Just have to wait and hope Matt makes a new utility once the files get leaked, assuming they do.

Kegapult

Reaction score
I used this utility months ago. flawless and fast. no problems what so ever. Now Verizon has pushed out new update and it keeps asking me if i want to install to which I select "later". Can someone please tell OTA update will work with root or will it brick my phone. Thanks to anyone who helps

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I used this utility months ago. flawless and fast. no problems what so ever. Now Verizon has pushed out new update and it keeps asking me if i want to install to which I select "later". Can someone please tell OTA update will work with root or will it brick my phone. Thanks to anyone who helps

Hi kegapult & welcome to df. Using the voodoo root keeper app, protect your root then temporarily unroot to take the OTA update. After the update, you can restore root. You should update fine IF you are on stock ICS version .211 with no deleted bloat (disabled bloat is fine because the bloat still exists but if you deleted the bloat, it may cause the OTA to fail).

If you're not sure whether you deleted any bloat then you could always run the utility option 1 to fully restore .211.

Hope this helps answer your question. Feel free to ask away if there is anything else.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

Kegapult

Reaction score
Hi kegapult & welcome to df. Using the voodoo root keeper app, protect your root then temporarily unroot to take the OTA update. After the update, you can restore root. You should update fine IF you are on stock ICS version .211 with no deleted bloat (disabled bloat is fine because the bloat still exists but if you deleted the bloat, it may cause the OTA to fail).

If you're not sure whether you deleted any bloat then you could always run the utility option 1 to fully restore .211.

Hope this helps answer your question. Feel free to ask away if there is anything else.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

Thanks for replying to me first off, secondly this update is for jellybean does that matter with root

felixthecat1285

Reaction score
i have 4.0.4

I have been trying to find this 1.8 tool kit which i cant find any links to or download from anywhere do you have any directions in which you can point me in.