[ROM] Droid4HD For JB

zagan13

Reaction score
hey, guys . Im sorry but could someone really help me out. Im kinda new to overclocking and underclocking and all that and ive read here that some people can get their phones to work up to 16-20 hours with this rom. My phone barely makes 8 hours.i dont really stream videos or use the internet. All i really do is text and it doesnt last that long. could someone just please tell me how to get my phone to last more than 10 hours at least with this rom. im really liking everything in here. im willing to learn about overclocking and all that. ive been rooting my phones for 3 years now but never really oc them. thanks a lot.dancedroid

Panamakevin

Reaction score
hey, guys . Im sorry but could someone really help me out. Im kinda new to overclocking and underclocking and all that and ive read here that some people can get their phones to work up to 16-20 hours with this rom. My phone barely makes 8 hours.i dont really stream videos or use the internet. All i really do is text and it doesnt last that long. could someone just please tell me how to get my phone to last more than 10 hours at least with this rom. im really liking everything in here. im willing to learn about overclocking and all that. ive been rooting my phones for 3 years now but never really oc them. thanks a lot.dancedroid

You won't save battery by overclocking, if you want to really get battery life at the cost of a slower phone (not really noticeable if you are just texting) you can underclock it. Just flash the underclock zip after your rom and you should notice an improvement in battery life. It also helps to run at lower brightnesses and turn of sync with programs you don't use

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
clear out the junk on your sdcard. use custom auto brightness or lux to lower the illuminator values(#1 cause of battery drain). delete any apps that constantly look to the web. calibrate you battery by draining it till it shuts off and charge it to 100% in charge only mode. install the regular 1320 oc (it is under-volted in comparison to stock)
look here
300mhz 1025mv
575mhz 1195mv
750mhz 1213mv
1100mhz 1300mv
1320mhz 1350mv
the stock kern uses much more power even in resting states

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On the 8mp camera the panorama fc's..
is that the best camera or..???

lafont28

Reaction score
Try justun bean. He has a thread on xda or just google the name. He has them for ics or jb

komani86

Reaction score
Just my findings, or my phone is faulty :D

Your findings are consistent with mine :) Using MOTOs original charger adapter with a US>EU converter on top and havent had any charging issues since. This rom is really great, im on 1200LV atm and after 10 hours of use on 65% with the screen used for 3 hours and autosync on. I dont use facebook app btw, that drains alot aswell.

I do notice that I get FC's often (80% of the time) with the camera when im trying to make a picture via whatsapp, anyone had that and fixed it somehow? I tried to change settings, but it didnt matter. Its totally random btw, no pattern found atleast.

Mentor.37

Reaction score
Hi, how did you edit systemui.apk to add battery and toggle widgets?

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hi, how did you edit systemui.apk to add battery and toggle widgets?
7zip to decomperess the apk. opened up the classes. dex with apktool. made the changes with notepad++. remade classes.dex with apktool and used 7zip to insert the new classes.dex into the original apk. i did this with system.ui and framework-res.apk

Mentor.37

Reaction score
R: Droid4HD

Hi, thank for your help. I know how to decompile and edit an apk file, I'm making a multilanguage rom for droid 4 based on stock ICS and I would know how to add the toggle widgets and modded battery icon, can you help me?

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
you insert the code into xml file and pack it back up. its really annoying to do cuz you have to insert it in the correct place. just take mine and insert the corresponding language packs to make it multilingual or de-compile both and check for differences and add it back in. mine is stock based as well so my files are interchangeable with yours. you need both systemui.apk (in app) and framework-res.apk (in framework) from my rom.

Last edited:

TechTinker

Reaction score
I've been using this ROM for a while now, and recently decided to flash 1320lv, and speedscript. I didn't wipe or anything. Now i'm getting somewhat constant reboots. How do I fix this ASAP.