[ROM] Droid4HD For JB

Bense

Reaction score
can I install this over the stock system via safestrap 3.11?

TechTinker

Reaction score
Yes if you wish. I think I might do the same, I need to delete most of the apps off my stock rom since I'll likley never return. Love the circle widgets, and pull down notifications are more handy then I thought.

4.1 Jelly Bean was just now released for the Droid 4, hope to see it implented in this ROM soon. :)dancedroid

komani86

Reaction score
4.1 Jelly Bean was just now released for the Droid 4, hope to see it implented in this ROM soon. :)dancedroid

Me too! Of all the ROMs ive tested, the rom myfishbear cooked is the most stable/fast/battery efficient! I am sick of ICS though..

Mentor.37

Reaction score
info

you insert the code into xml file and pack it back up. its really annoying to do cuz you have to insert it in the correct place. just take mine and insert the corresponding language packs to make it multilingual or de-compile both and check for differences and add it back in. mine is stock based as well so my files are interchangeable with yours. you need both systemui.apk (in app) and framework-res.apk (in framework) from my rom.
Hi, you worked on hd files and i would work on stock files, could you indicate me a guide?

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hi, you worked on hd files and i would work on stock files, could you indicate me a guide?
man! google translate sux lol... i had to translate that back into italian to understand that question (i know many languages). anyway i dont but you could ask olegfusion over on xda hes done it b4. im just workin on xmls for mods. basically you need apktool and notepad++ to decompile and edit em winmerge helps as well for file diffing. then you pull the need resources from the new file and place them in the old file using 7zip. its alot of custom work lol.

Mentor.37

Reaction score
Sorry for my bad english, I did not use google translate. I will ask olegfusion too.
On what xml did you work? Can you tell me the string that you edited?

Mentor.37

Reaction score
I have already added all Central European languages ​​in my rom.
Now I want to add battery mod and toggle widgets in status bar; I know you edited framework-res.apk and systemui.apk and i would know how to do this.

Last edited:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
oh lord lol well it took me like 3 days and many threads to get that one rolling the jb method was different from the ics method. go read up on it on xda and buy a case of red bull, i really cant teach that lol

Last edited:

cdipier2

Reaction score
i just saw D4HD for jb on your server. i cant wait to install it. i loved it with ICS so im sure its even better with JB