Epic Unleashed 1.1! Get your bug fixes here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Epic Unleashed 1.1! First DROID2 rom!

UPDATE! For all those having the problems installing JKASS5 figured out what the issues is. I will post it in the instructions bellow.

For all the bugs people reported, I thank you. This release should fix a bunch of those bugs!

Changelog:
MAJOR Bug fixes.
Screen turns off.
Keyboard works.
Wifi may work(untested)
Accelerometer works.
Missing anything...?

Thank you Brendan for testing this release for me while my phone takes a little "nap" lol.

Features:
Deodexed
Bloatware removed
Scripts
Build.prop mods

Not sure if everyone know's this, but all my releases come with a widget that looks just like the HTC Clock called Fancy Widgets.

Please report bugs to me as you find them. Best way to contact me is email me at [email protected] or my GTalk Matt4542.

How to install:Important!
You will need to download Koush's bootstrap application and bootstrap your recovery. Then you can boot into recovery via the same app or you can install via ROM Manager(by rebooting into recovery, not via install rom from sdcard). Once you boot into recovery do a FULL nandroid backup and then you go to mounts and storage and mount /system manually to avoid more issues. Install zip from sdcard and toggle signature verification to disable. Now you can install the zip from the sdcard. Once this is done, reboot.

Now after reading all that here is your download!

Download <--- Click Me :p

Thanks for using Epic the first DROID 2 rom! Say thanks if you like it :)

For the best support please join my IRC chat on Freenode. #epicrom

For a Step-By-Step guide on how to install Epic or any other rom check out darkonion's post on XDA on my Epic post here!

I am trying to buy a domain name to host my files. All I need is $15 dollars. You do not have to do this if you do not want to. It is just to help me out a little bit :) Please donate as little as $1 to my PayPal [email protected]. Thanks if you do!

Last edited:

n0yd

Reaction score
I don't know if you fixed it in this verison of not, but you may want to check out your scripts. The list had some scripts that weren't even there, iirc. Also somescripts didn't work because the APK wasn't there. Seems you took the scripts from another phone/rom.

OP
Matt4542

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I don't know if you fixed it in this verison of not, but you may want to check out your scripts. The list had some scripts that weren't even there, iirc. Also somescripts didn't work because the APK wasn't there. Seems you took the scripts from another phone/rom.

These are the scripts from my D1 rom. I need to tweak some of them. Some still work some dont; Haven't gotten around to it yet.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man, slow down, Matt, or you'll burn yourself! :)

Nice to see 1.1 out so quickly, great work!

fmoreno0736

Reaction score
how do we know if the rom was flashed properly? I toggled the signature and disabled it in clockwork everything completed but after my phone booted back up everything looked exactly the same as it was before. I'm not sure what went wrong or if it is actually installed correctly.
Thanks.

OP
Matt4542

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
how do we know if the rom was flashed properly? I toggled the signature and disabled it in clockwork everything completed but after my phone booted back up everything looked exactly the same as it was before. I'm not sure what went wrong or if it is actually installed correctly.
Thanks.

Your phone is going to be looking the same with some missing applications and things. Go into Settings>About Phone> and see if the Android Version is "Epic Unleashed 1.1" instead of "2.2".

fmoreno0736

Reaction score
Thanks.

Your phone is going to be looking the same with some missing applications and things. Go into Settings>About Phone> and see if the Android Version is "Epic Unleashed 1.1" instead of "2.2".

Okay then something wasn't installed correctly I downloaded the file through my phone so maybe ill try and see if it makes a difference when I get home and download through my desktop. ill first toggle the signature again see if it makes a difference.

Edit: So i tried downloading the file through my desktop it flashed said completed phone booted up and samething still says 2.2 instead of "Epic Unleashed 1.1" not sure what would be a next step

Last edited:

Pandemic187

Reaction score
Am I missing something or do we have to pay for Koush's bootstrap to be able to use this?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a problem w/the 1.1 zip...Matt and I worked on it, it wasn't installing on my Droid either...not sure if this is an issue affecting everybody or just some of us, but for now it won't install on my D2 either...

fmoreno0736

Reaction score
There is a problem w/the 1.1 zip...Matt and I worked on it, it wasn't installing on my Droid either...not sure if this is an issue affecting everybody or just some of us, but for now it won't install on my D2 either...[/QUOTE

Okay i thought i was the only one. well thanks for the heads up I can let my D2 rest now.

OP
Matt4542

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Everyone having problems I will find a fix ASAP. It is only affecting some people. For now try to flash your recovery via ROM Manager and use it to boot into recovery. It is untested, just a thought.

bcs296

Reaction score
Those of you who have installed and are running this, any first impressions?

Thanks for all your hard work, Matt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.