Final Froyo Release for Sapphire by CCRoms V2.02 Next Up Gingerbread

I usually use swiftkey or swype depending on my mood so i've never really noticed this issue so i'm not sure where to even start

Have you guys searched the forum threads for a fix on this? I see these posts on every release so maybe someone has come up with a solution for this already
Actually I made an a update.zip patch for this awhile back when it happened with beta 1.1.4.

I repackaged it and installed it on my droid 1 and it works fine. I am uploading it here for anyone interested. Never heard of anyone having a problem, but always make a backup first.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
The kernels on the ccroms page haven't changed between releases right?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DL the keyboard now, Also noticed no APP TO SD options

Sapphire doesn't enable you to move ALL apps to the sd card, but only those who support it through the app itself. If the developer of an app doesn't support apps 2 sd with their app, then their is probably a good reason for it and that you should just leave said app on the phones internal memory.

The kernels on the ccroms page haven't changed between releases right?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Not that I know of. At least your current kernel should work just fine.

Last edited:
Sapphire doesn't enable you to move ALL apps to the sd card, but only those who support it through the app itself. If the developer of an app doesn't support apps 2 sd with their app, then their is probably a good reason for it and that you should just leave said app on the phones internal memory.

BAHHHHH, what do they know? :D Titanium Backup allows you to move any app you want to the SD card. However, not so tongue in cheek, there are often very valid reasons for not doing this. Least of which is if you're using it as a widget. Or it's doing a lot of updates. But I've successfully moved a few apps that didn't allow it and had no problems with them. Just know what you're doing if you go that route.

BAHHHHH, what do they know? :D Titanium Backup allows you to move any app you want to the SD card. However, not so tongue in cheek, there are often very valid reasons for not doing this. Least of which is if you're using it as a widget. Or it's doing a lot of updates. But I've successfully moved a few apps that didn't allow it and had no problems with them. Just know what you're doing if you go that route.

But the thing is, most people don't. You give them the power, they use it unknowingly, then blame the rom or app for it not functioning properly. You and I can figure out if something can be on one or the other, but most can't. They just want more room.

i was able to grab LatinImeGoogle.apk from from 2.0 and pushed it to /system/app on 2.0.2. suggestion/prediction seems to be working now. how come this apk was skipped?

i was able to grab LatinImeGoogle.apk from from 2.0 and pushed it to /system/app on 2.0.2. suggestion/prediction seems to be working now. how come this apk was skipped?

Probably removed since their was an aosp version already without knowing that it would mess up the suggestion/prediction. Will probably be added back to the gapps package at one point or another.

But the thing is, most people don't. You give them the power, they use it unknowingly, then blame the rom or app for it not functioning properly. You and I can figure out if something can be on one or the other, but most can't. They just want more room.

I'll agree with you there for sure.

Could you post that apk please? I tried the 2.02 keyboard fix but now my kb FCs, likely because I flashed a GB KB before I flashed the fix.

Could you post that apk please? I tried the 2.02 keyboard fix but now my kb FCs, likely because I flashed a GB KB before I flashed the fix.

see if this works using RM. if not then extract the apk from the zip and install using adb or root explorer.

Last edited by a moderator:

I totally forgot you could force apps to sd with Titanium Backup, you saved me. I was on CM and had moved a lot of my big games to SD but many of them don't normally support it. When I switched to Sapphire my market was redownloading everything and partway through my phone was full and like 20 installs failed. I was worried I would just have to uninstall some extra apps or go back to CM because I couldn't move the big games over and then I cam here and saw your post and rememberd the wonders of Ti Backup. I am so happy now with Sapphire up and running with all my apps reinstalled, now I just need to pull the cytown phone and wycontacts and everything will be perfect. Thanks!

I just came from 1.1.1. I was sticking to it for the Avalon theme, but decided it was time to catch up. This release seems 10x faster. So far so good.

I noticed one small glitch/bug.

I turned on the galaxy s power widget. It worked fine, but when I rebooted my phone, the power widget was gone.

I had to unselect, and then re-select it in the GEM settings to get it back. Anyone else have that happen?

Back