Final Froyo Release for Sapphire by CCRoms V2.02 Next Up Gingerbread

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
As I said in the comments, I'm glad he's able to balance life and development. And if that means we get a more stable CM release with GEM features, so be it. :) Whatever ROM he's working on is the one that I'll be using as he's proven his skill as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure most of the GEM users are going to feel the same way.

kevev99

Reaction score
While I too think it stinks that GEM will be no more with cvpcs' move to the CM team, I have to give the man credit for making a difficult decision. He realized he needed to have that balance between developing for Android and having time for himself and his family and friends. Kudos to you cvpcs, balance is so important in life.

I have to say that Sapphire is the ONLY custom ROM I've ever run as I have always valued stability over bells and whistles, and when I rooted my Droid in August I got a lot of great input from the community here that helped me make that decision. So after I flash 2.0.2 I will run it until cvpcs puts his stamp on CM7 with gingerbread, making sure that the stability is there as has been with Sapphire. If it's stable, maybe I'll ring the bells and blow on the whistles that CM has to offer.

I'll raise a glass to you tonight cvpcs, thanks for all your hard work, and best of luck with the move to CM.

maslan

Reaction score
Wow...this news is a huge shock. I've never really been a fan of CM it's always seemd a bit form over function IMHO...we'll see how it runs once cvpcs gets his hands on the code. If he can bring the stability and the performance we see in the GEM series then CM will be a force..I just hope thats the way the influence goes and not the other way where we just see feature loaded releases for the sake of being feature loaded..I always loved these roms because they were so stripped down and didn't have a ton of bells and whistles but they ran like silk.

Good luck cvpcs..it's been fun...

My thoughts exactly. Tried CM last year - hated it. Sapphire has been great for me. Lets hope he makes CM better.

amujee

Reaction score
Shootme shutter sound

I did a full wipe from a different custom rom and installed sapphire again.
The shutter sound from the shootme screen capture app no longer works. Anyone else have this problem?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I did a full wipe from a different custom rom and installed sapphire again.
The shutter sound from the shootme screen capture app no longer works. Anyone else have this problem?

I had the same issue after the app updated ... but it suddenly started working. Not sure what I did though LOL - try rebooting maybe.

amujee

Reaction score
I've tried everything I could think of and I can't get the shutter sound for shootme. Good thing it still vibrates when I uncheck the shutter sound option.

52brandon

Reaction score
CM was the first great 2.1 ROM for the droid. Koush did an unbelievable job in bringing the first "from-source" ROM to the droid (while simultaneously developing his clockworkmod recovery). I know he no longer maintains CM for the droid and also have heard the quality is not like it used to be. Can't help but put 2 and 2 together

CVPCS did an amazing job on sapphire and I'm sure once he digs into CM, the quality will come back to what we used to expect from CM and have grown to expect from CVPCS

I personally can't wait to see what another extremely talented dev can do for us with CM

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
For some reason I'm having issues with this.

Apps force close a lot, gem tools force closes, and the new galaxy S options in the status bar doesn't show the items.

I've done a complete wipe and even did that plus format boot/system, and Wipe Dalvik Cache. I also tried installing it over Sapphire 2.0.

Any ideas?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
For some reason I'm having issues with this.

Apps force close a lot, gem tools force closes, and the new galaxy S options in the status bar doesn't show the items.

I've done a complete wipe and even did that plus format boot/system, and Wipe Dalvik Cache. I also tried installing it over Sapphire 2.0.

Any ideas?

Idk. did the rom file download in its entirety? I wiped and formatted too and do not have any problems. Did you install zip from sdcard in cw recovery?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jbrock98

Reaction score
I'm having the force closes in gem settings too but its only been while unchecking/checking the battery % box, & I do have 2 reboot to change notification/status bar colors & while in the browser if I watch a video the phone will eventually freeze & reboot (had same problem w/ 2.0.0)

Sent from my Droid

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Having to reboot after changing status bar colors is normal, it is not an on the fly change.

I'm on 2.0.2 now, very nice, but I also got the FC on trying to check/uncheck the power % option. In itself no biggie, I leave it on anyways.

I've had no other issues with it so far, market, mms, video, all good. GB KB installed with no issues as well, no predictive text issues either.

Like Tank's BB mod, took the 3G icons I had made and stuck them in, plus the fly in effect for the status bar, and I'm gold. I plan on porting my GPS icons over later, still looking at the initial images associated with the pull down widget itself.

(note to Tank, to me it seems the upper light gray stops a bit high on it, you get a light gray, then a strip of dark grey, then the actual green line of the control state for each. Can that light gray "strip" be removed? Just PM me ...)

luvdldy

Reaction score
Could you post that apk please? I tried the 2.02 keyboard fix but now my kb FCs, likely because I flashed a GB KB before I flashed the fix.

see if this works using RM. if not then extract the apk from the zip and install using adb or root explorer.

Thanks undroid! I had to mess with it a bit but I got it to work! Its only been a few hours but so far this ROM is great!

Edit: had to add, the Galaxy S widget is awesome! Best I've seen!

How the hell did you get the dictionary back in??? I cant get the freaking ADB crap to work for me and when I use root explorer it keeps saying application not installed!!! I feel like throwing this dam phone I'm so pissed right now!!!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just posted a link to an alternate kb in your other thread if u want that.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

52brandon

Reaction score
see if this works using RM. if not then extract the apk from the zip and install using adb or root explorer.

Thanks undroid! I had to mess with it a bit but I got it to work! Its only been a few hours but so far this ROM is great!

Edit: had to add, the Galaxy S widget is awesome! Best I've seen!

How the hell did you get the dictionary back in??? I cant get the freaking ADB crap to work for me and when I use root explorer it keeps saying application not installed!!! I feel like throwing this dam phone I'm so pissed right now!!!
install it with rom manager like you would a theme