Firefox 4 Beta available for Download

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

Mozilla announced the new Firefox 4 Beta for mobile devices which is now available to download for Android. Firefox 4 Beta for mobile includes a 60% install size reduction on Android (from around 43 MB to 17 MB), reduces memory usage, and improves text rendering. There is also quite a few UI improvements which includes an Android-inspired theme.

This update of Firefox 4 Beta for mobile boasts:

-a 60% smaller install size
-a new theme with a fresh look and new features for tabbed browsing and link sharing
-optimizations that make it around 25% faster on the SunSpider Javascript benchmark than the stock browser on Android 2.2

Post your comments and let us know how the browser works for you. Enjoy!!

Grab it here

Source: AndroidandMe

Last edited:

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Better than before, but websites still load quite slow and take forever for a page to even be readable. Definitely not worth using. And I hate how the adress bar is either a website or a search. There's no .com button the keyboard, and you manually need to type

dalkhoutoff

Reaction score
1. Zoom feature needs a little work. (it shakes around a little bit while pinching)
2. Startup kid of slow
3. Text after zooming is horrendous.
4. Ok.. speed but great bookmarks and tabs feature.
5. Sometimes loses its data and has to reload.

I wouldn't say its not worth downloading, but still needs tons of work.

thesandman00

Reaction score
They've already lost me as a user. That first beta they released was utter garbage.

IanG

Reaction score
Slow. Slow. SLOW.

Takes incredibly long to open and render web pages compared to the default browser. I'm not sure that I like having to scroll from left to right either to view web pages (They're not scaled properly).

Also, basically causes my phone to slow to a crawl.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but I'll pass.

I think there are probably better browsers then stock, but I'm just used to that one. And as someone else said I've heard some bad stuff about previous releases.

On the other hand, this is the internet. Can I really expect to hear anything positive?

D3fault121

Reaction score
They still have a long way to go to have a beta that's even worth trying longer than a few mins. At least this one doesn't fc every few mins. I would recommend not using this.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Well that was really bad, closer but still no cigar .
Laggy and caused FCs on ADW launcher.

ROMBOMTHEMAGIC

Reaction score
"This device does not meet the minimum system requirements for firefox." uninstalled.

Droid Eris

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
No flash = no download.

Every browser should come with support for this, but then this would make an already slow browser even slower.

I'll pass for now. Hopefully they will fix their issues.

moot

Reaction score
Xscope 6.0, with D1 OC'd to 1ghz is still much better for me.

Slntagent

Reaction score
They've already lost me as a user. That first beta they released was utter garbage.

you really dont grasp the concept of what a BETA is...it will be nowhere near what the final product will be..but its your choice

deborah3756

Reaction score
I love Firefox and have it on my puter but, I found the mobile version irritating to use.

It was difficult to find the google search engine, I didn't like the bookmarks off to the side, it's just more complicated than I like for this old head.

I'll down load it again and give it more time.

Sent from my DROID2