FIX: Soft Bricked after reverting from Jelly Bean update

Psyman

Reaction score
Great news indeed..I received the ota easy enuf but list a few apks when messing around trying to get the circle widgets..can this method return me to stock ota so I can start fresh,?

GotnFX

Reaction score
I tried to run the recover and it failed at step 10

Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMMC:boot:8388608:46b1d867743b5a4db403dc2cd67a124cbd2b2173:8388608:7abc93a
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Any ideas of what I can do at this point.

I've seen people get this due to file being corrupt or a bad download..redownload and/or find another file. I think there are some files out there that have caused this error.

Psyman

Reaction score
after running the program, i get to the red logo M then a black screen, wont load anything after that.. any ideas? can not enter boot mode at all, just the logo then darkness. good note is i have insurance and replace it for 100 or upgrade to the maxx hd for 150 but will lose my unlimited plan if i do :(

GotnFX

Reaction score
after running the program, i get to the red logo M then a black screen, wont load anything after that.. any ideas? can not enter boot mode at all, just the logo then darkness. good note is i have insurance and replace it for 100 or upgrade to the maxx hd for 150 but will lose my unlimited plan if i do :(

Just out of curiosity, what were you trying to do? I saw your previous post that said you had received the OTA.

Psyman

Reaction score
I did but was trying to get the circle widgets ..so I followed the steps to load the m launcher but lost my camera and gallery in the process ..went to restore ics to start over ..just went from bad to worst..got a friend working on it now..he thinks he can repair it using RSD lite. If he does ..ill post the steps.. if not..then ill get a new phone.

GotnFX

Reaction score
I did but was trying to get the circle widgets ..so I followed the steps to load the m launcher but lost my camera and gallery in the process ..went to restore ics to start over ..just went from bad to worst..got a friend working on it now..he thinks he can repair it using RSD lite. If he does ..ill post the steps.. if not..then ill get a new phone.

Sorry to hear that! One of the biggest mistakes is trying to revert back to a.previous OS. Going from ICS .215 back to ICS .211 was/is ok..but going from JB back to ICS will definitely brick the phone. Hope it works out for you.

Wprice3523

Reaction score
Add another person who this method worked for! Had a dead battery and stuck booting into fastboot only but once that was solved this method totally restored my brick-i mean buddy! Thanks to OP and too all those who contribute. <3

GotnFX

Reaction score
Add another person who this method worked for! Had a dead battery and stuck booting into fastboot only but once that was solved this method totally restored my brick-i mean buddy! Thanks to OP and too all those who contribute. <3

Awesome! Glad it all worked out!

kinda179

Reaction score
I've seen people get this due to file being corrupt or a bad download..redownload and/or find another file. I think there are some files out there that have caused this error.

Thanks for the response. I just got a free warranty replacement. I will try tonight on the old phone.

kkemp

Reaction score
What can I do everytime my phone boots up it boots into fastboot mode

positivehxcgo

Reaction score
I too am also failing at step 10 and receiving the error below. I've tried 3 different upload's of the JB file, and same error every time.

Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMMC:boot:8388608:46b1d867743b5 a4db403dc2cd67a124cbd2b2173:8388608:7abc93a
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Has anyone solved this issue yet?

helron

Reaction score
Well folks, it appears that CamoMike has done it yet again :hail: ...this time for ME!:icon_ banana:

My phone failed on the .16 upgrade, probably because I didn't do a good job of getting it completely back to stock - deleting circles and such...similar to Papa_T above. So I then had a bad install. :frown:

Upon powering on, the regular lock screen would appear and I could unlock to the Phone, Camera and Text normally, but it failed unlocking to the Home Screen. :angry: It would open and then stop at a black screen with the Status bar showing. I could pull down the status bar, but couldn't get to a regular home screen. I could even press and hold the Home button and get to the running/recent apps, but simply pressing home always resulted in the black screen with status bar.

So I went with Mike's plan.

I am happy to report that the side-loading of the Christmas Jelly Bean Leak is going fine. I will then install the .16 upgrade (overlay for the Jelly Bean Leak), and should be back to complete stock Jelly Bean on version .16.

Update1; The recovery flashing was a success...now to boot into Jelly Bean Leak and then to upgrade. :icon_ lala:

Update2; The side-loading of the Jelly Bean Leak went without a hitch. Then did the side-load of the Blur_Version.98.72.8.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip, and it's now rebooting. I will have the most recent version of Jelly Bean running in moments! :biggrin:

Update3; I've completed the 98.72.16 upgrade, and AFTERWARDS Rooted with the Root achieved for JB OTA RAZR/MAXX XT912 (RAZR Blade) exploit! by Dan Rosenberg! This proves that the exploit works even on the Jelly Bean OTA versions! Finally, I successfully installed Safestrap 3.1 and completed a system backup.
All is well and good in the world of Droid RAZR MAXX and the OTA Jelly Bean and I owe all it to CamoMike (and of course to the Devs Matt, Dan and Hashcode for their awesome RAZR tools)!! dancedroid

THANKS, CAMOMIKE for your EXCELLENT post and thread. You will be recognized by members as a leader and for good reason. You have showed those with soft-bricked phones a real path out of the scary woods and back into the comfort of the suburbs... (pardon the reference to "Over the Hedge" Loved the movie! LOL!)

Great work,guys! I am very unhappy with my legally pushed Moto JB update. Battery life is awful. So, because I may need to do a complete FDR, I may as well root.
So, how can I merge CamoMike and FoxKAT Steps. Should I?

Droid Razr via Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Great work,guys! I am very unhappy with my legally pushed Moto JB update. Battery life is awful. So, because I may need to do a complete FDR, I may as well root.
So, how can I merge CamoMike and FoxKAT Steps. Should I?

Droid Razr via Tapatalk

Before resorting to extreme measures, I have the OTA (side-loaded, mind you), and my battery life is superb. I would first look at the Battery stats to see what is eating up your power. Then check the varions widges, apps running, and background syncs (such as Facebook, Dropbox, Twitter, etc.), to see if perhaps you're simply overloading it. If there aren't any obvious problems then perhaps you should consider doing a wipe cache or even an FDR. There are those who swear by them as the solution for updates that act strangely.

helron

Reaction score