FoxFi for Rezound

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
The google Play store currently states that "WiFi mode currently works on most Samsung/Motorola/LG phones as well as HTC phones with Android 4.0/ICS." I am on the first ICS leak for the rezound and I still can't seem to get FoxFi working. On my laptop i can see the FoxFi wireless network, and can connect, however it says there is no network access. Has anyone had better luck? Does it work with more recent leaks? Or is there a workaround using proxys or something?

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Really, No One has any knowledge on this. Come on Android Community. Can someone on an ICS leak other than the first try this out?

jvc

Reaction score
I'm also on the first leak. Just downloaded FoxFi on my Rezound and used another phone to try to access the WiFi. I got about as far as you did. The other phone spent about 3 minutes stuck on "Obtaining IP Address".

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I'm also on the first leak. Just downloaded FoxFi on my Rezound and used another phone to try to access the WiFi. I got about as far as you did. The other phone spent about 3 minutes stuck on "Obtaining IP Address".

Thanks for giving it a try. At least it's not just me then.
Anyone with another leak want to give it a try?

justgosh

Reaction score
WIFI
It seems to talk to the wifi chip just fine.
It did not start a DHCP service though... if anyone knows what network it creates by default I will try out the routing.

Bluetooth
2 of the bluetooth devices were not recognized by Windows 7. It did not work in bluetooth mode either.

Rezound ICS 4.0.3 Softwear 3.14.605.10

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I bailed on FoxFi for the Rezound. I stuck with PDANet, which requires a USB tether, but it works without root. From my understanding HTC locked this thing tight so the only way to share it on WiFi is to root the phone. This was my only real beef with HTC, locking the wifi, when every other phone allows it. But HTC excels in other ways.
Now i have a Galaxy S3 and FoxFi works just fine. Its great not carrying around the usb cord anymore. Freedom.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Now that Verizon can't charge for, or prevent 3rd party programs making a WiFi hub, something will show up soon

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Really, No One has any knowledge on this. Come on Android Community. Can someone on an ICS leak other than the first try this out?

I have the leak. It does appear to work, but I have not gotten anything to actually connect to it. But all I have to test with are Droid 1s.

They can see the FoxFi network, and attempt to get an IP address, but always time out. I can get them to pair on Bluetooth, but they will not actually connect there either.

It might be the hardware in the Droid 1s though.

HowardZ

Reaction score
ice leak + root + WiFi teather program
works well if setip like Scott recommends

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Yeah...but the whole point of FoxFi is to be able to do this without root.

Snoking

Reaction score
I get to the point where it should serve up an IP address and it does NOT!

trackman1

Reaction score
Can I get a wifi if there open connection in my area.......dies Foxfi allow me to get on internet for free??.....please explain thanks

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Can I get a wifi if there open connection in my area.......dies Foxfi allow me to get on internet for free??.....please explain thanks

You dont get free internet, it just allows you to tether other wifi devices to your phone. tether without having to pay for a tether plan.

trackman1

Reaction score
thanks ...so the only way to get on the internet is to pay???....even if there are free wi-fi like in a dunkin donuts etc

SHAK3R

Reaction score
The app turns on now (didn't before ICS)

I attempted to connect it to two devices a iPhone and laptop. Both recognized the network and asked for the password I setup for it (figured I'd test that as well)

However neither were able to connect, the processing circle thing just kept going.

Its a shame cause I would really like to use this app. On the bright side I got further than before in the overall process. Like I said before I wasn't even able to enable the hotspots.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums