foxfi question

tha rockstar

Reaction score
I'm on 4.4.2, rooted and on stock. When I turn foxfi on it directs me to Mobile Hotspot in Settings for phone but under it, it says foxfi enabled. When I check in Data Usage it has tethering and it's in foreground and background data where tha data is being used. Is Verizon seeing this usage? Cause I thought foxfi was suppose to hide it?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you don't already have it add the Foxfi add-on tool. Just search foxfi on the Play store and it should show up as 3rd choice down. It's free
gyqe2ezu.jpg

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
I installed the Add-on and it still goes to phones setting to turn on Mobile Hotspot. Wondering if anyone else's like this?

kyboy

Reaction score
Yes. One you enable foxfi it should tell you there is one more step. You must go to settings and activate the wifi Hotspot. I have been using foxfi for a couple years and never had any issues with Verizon seeing it.
7c3deb1900cbd16be1b1b0109874fd38.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545

Last edited:
OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
That's exactly what it says. I had a Motorola RAZR Maxx running JellyHaters ROM and it never went to phone setting to turn it on, jus turn foxfi on and you was good to go. Do you know if it works on the NG6? Just got it as a replacement through big V

kyboy

Reaction score
Not sure. You can check on their site to see if it is supported though.

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
Very frustrated with this new phone. I don't have Internet access at my house and can't get it to sync with computer. Computer has to recognize it to flash in Odin, so right now I can't root. Is there another way to get it to recognize it? Also I really appreciate all your help

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I installed the Add-on and it still goes to phones setting to turn on Mobile Hotspot. Wondering if anyone else's like this?

This is normal. FoxFi uses your stock hotspot app without you having to pay the Verizon fee. Go ahead and click on it to turn it on after FoxFi tells you to.

S5 tap'n