Get the extended battery

Nightwolf5000

Reaction score
I would hole heartedly recommend the extended battery to anybody who owns the droid bionic. This phone is a beast and this battery that i got really added extra life to my device. Iam not going to deny that it does make your phone a bit thicker but thats besides the point of really adding that extra kick the phone needs. I was tired of not being able to get through a full day with out charging my regular battery multiple times a day. Therefore i got it and it last me a little more than a day!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
No doubt about it.... best thing u can do once u get this phone... I don't mind the thickness/weight

tik07

Reaction score
Do you know or anyone know if it is still going to fit in HDMI Desktop charger w/Remote with this extended battery?

rumblee1

Reaction score
Instead of the extended battery, I just bought the standard battery that included a small external charging dock that also charges the phone. Bionic is thick enough without the extended battery.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Thickness of the phone isn't THAT big of a deal considering with the extended battery, you can actually use the phone for a day. I would recommend the battery to anyone. It was amazing to be able to leave the charger at home where it belongs and not have to worry about the phone dying.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Instead of the extended battery, I just bought the standard battery that included a small external charging dock that also charges the phone. Bionic is thick enough without the extended battery.

I actually find the Bionic to be on the thinner side w/o the extended battery.

Would everyone choose the extended battery over this?

Amazon.com: Motorola Universal Dual-Charging Portable Power Pack (Black, Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually find the Bionic to be on the thinner side w/o the extended battery.

Would everyone choose the extended battery over this?

Amazon.com: Motorola Universal Dual-Charging Portable Power Pack (Black, Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

I have an external charger like that from justmobile... its actually a pain but its nice in case of an emergency when your not around power... I prefer the extended battery over the stock and use it 99% of the time

summortuus

Reaction score
The bionic with extended battery will fit the bionic hd dock, the car dock, and the lapdock 100 (but barely for the 100), as i have all four.

Reaction score
The FedEx guy just dropped off my extended battery (BW8X) and battery cover one day early. This battery is a beast. It adds a pretty good deal of thickness and heft to the phone but I like it, even more than I liked the phone without it. With the extended battery it is now comparable to the OG Droid (or thereabouts). I prefer the heft because it feels more secure in my hand.

Now I need to decide on a case. I need something pretty robust and solid (like an Otterbox Defender) with a belt clip/holder. I've scoured this and other forums for suggestions but I haven't found anything I like yet. I'll probably check out the Verizon case to see if that will work for me.

Overall I really like the Bionic. I've had it just over two weeks and I have very few complaints. The original battery was way too small and the network drops are a pain but I don't suffer those too much. I'm on WiFi most of the day and when I do need mobile data the 4G works great. Those times that I'm in a fringe 4G/3G area the data does drop more but it's not unbearable. I'll patiently wait for the OTA rather than load the leaked updates. I'm looking forward to ICS as well, but what I would REALLY like is some tasty Project Elite for this phone, if only Greg would be willing (and get a Bionic to develop on). He can't have mine so I guess I'll stick with the eventual stock ICS until a suitable ROM happens by.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Any idea if it's bad for the battery to leave it plugged in when it's fully charged? Like overnight for example....

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Im not getting great time on mine.
Thats medium work an i have no idea why maps is taken up that much :/
Sent from Liger Zero's cockpit

Concistency

Reaction score
Any idea if it's bad for the battery to leave it plugged in when it's fully charged? Like overnight for example....
I do it all the time with my regular, shouldn't make a difference with extended. The phone battery automatically stops charging when it's full and the phone is pretty much just setting there with a cable plugged in. Hasn't affected my battery, I think I'm right, I'm not a wizard with how it works, you should be fine leaving it in all night.