[HELP] How to access recovery mode Droid 2 globle

wilboy

Reaction score
Okey man :)
I'm a newbie on adroid...I chosen backup option but i forget to check the SD card to see whether backup file was created successful.
Try to see if you have the backup in : /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup folder
I regretted about it. Backup rom before flashing is very very important ,right?
Very important man!
anyway,would you like to confirm again that i can use the backup file of another phone ? maybe this is the only way to solve my problem
You can try it but i'm not sure if that'll work(like what i'v said to BILLHO.)
Red font!10 char!
Sorry..Need to rest first man,came from night work!Need to sleep.:)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
This method might work, but CW backups on the D2/X/2G are not "full" backups like on the D1. Also, you will NEED to do a factory reset after the installation, otherwise the user data from the other phone may interfere with the phone it's being installed to.

elydoug

Reaction score
I had my d2g get stuck on moto screen 6 hours after activation,only I was running stock phone and os. Wouldn't reset or boot. After all the effort, could it just be a hardware problem you're having?

OP
B

billho

Reaction score
First.I'm not sure if this gonna work but let's give this a spin.:)
In your SDCARD,do you have any backup files?you can see that in: /sdcard/clockwordmod/backup (much better if you have full stock rom backup or in FRM if you have downloaded the D2 Global Stock.zip-on your /sdcard/FISSION folder)...if you have,let's try this( my own idea).:)
REQUIREMENTS:
1) micro sdcard adapter
2) Computer w/ SDCARD Slot
3) winrar for zip(but most of the backup files are all in zip files anyway)-optional
Now,take out your micro sdcard to your d2g>insert it inside of ur sdcard adapter>insert it on computer sdcard slot,make one empty folder on your computer to put/copy all those backup files that you may have on your sdcard....once done(lets say you have 3 backups).rename all those 3 backups(ie:update.zip-update1.zip and update2.zip)and copy that back to your /sdcard root.Try it one by one...but be sure to rename the update1 &2.zip into update.zip only to install.
Let's cross our finger!:D

PS::Oh and of corz put back in your micro sdcard to your phone and and do the recovery! ;)
The only thing I'm worried about is ..you formatted the system. But If this things work we may not need a SBF anymore! :D :D
I made a backup by clockwordmod on a new D2G and there are 4 files in backup folder: cache.img, data.img, system.img and nandroid.md5. Do you mean the three backups are cache.img, data.img, system.img?

CellZealot

Reaction score
No, the entire folder is the backup and must be restored using the nandroid restore in recovery.

You cannot rename a nandroid to update.zip and flash it that way, they are very different, although either can recover your phone in certain circumstances.

You have to put that entire directory in the clockworkmod/backup directory on your sdcard and then boot into recovery again and select backup/restore then restore then select that backup you just put there.

After it completes you then go to the main menu and select Factory reset/wipe and wipe data and cache again because you will have just restored someone elses data to your phone.

After all that is done try to reboot the device and hope for the best!

The wait for the SBF might be very short indeed if I had a consumer D2G to test it on... ;)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
CZ with the info again. :)

Why don't you open a thread asking for someone to volunteer their stock D2G for some procedures? You might even be able to talk them through whatever data dump you need.

OP
B

billho

Reaction score
much better if you have full stock rom backup or in FRM if you have downloaded the D2 Global Stock.zip-on your /sdcard/FISSION folder)

I have the Fission rom which I downloaded as you mentioned (D2_Global_OEM_RBDZ.zip). I renamed to update.zip and installed on my phone, however the installation was failed with the command as "signature verification failed". Do you have any idea?

jbert50021

Reaction score
Hello All -
Going back to the begining of the thread:

I have a Droid 2 Global. What if I am having the same problem except I flashed used the Droid 2 version of Epic Unleashed instead of a proper rom?

What are my options? Do I just need to await the official Motorola release of the stock sbf?

What does "release" mean? Does Motorola actually release this or does it get leaked? If Moto releases it - should I wait it out or will it take so long that I need to buy a new phone?

Thanks

CellZealot

Reaction score
No, Motorola does NOT "release" these SBF files, they are leaked unofficially by people who have access to them inside Motorola or VZW.

There is no schedule or timeline for their release.

In this case, since your are asking directly about the D2G SBF, we have the file but cannot test it because we don't have consumer hardware to test on.
We will not release any file that hasn't been fully tested first for compatibility and bugs.

If someone were willing to send us their phone for a few days or we can find one for a reasonable price, we could take care of this very quickly and make everyone happy and that much more secure.

Until then we are stuck unfortunately.

jbert50021

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. :)

Well - Let me discuss it with my wife :) Maybe I have a test phone, maybe not... I am assuming that I will get it back, correct? With luck it will be working too :)

Also, just to verify: We have the stock SBF for the Droid 2 Global which just needs tested?
(I have tried the update which did not work...)

CellZealot

Reaction score
Yes that is correct, a stock full SBF file for the 2.4.29 original release firmware.

Yes, of course the phone would be returned and, barring any problems with the files, would be fully functional again.

That's the point...to certify they work as intended to recovery soft bricked phones that cannot boot properly.

All of the members of TBH have NS flash(Non Secured) phones because that is what we chose to spend our own money on. We have consumer hardware test phones of other models, but not the D2G or Pro. The flash files for stock phones will instantly brick our phones and vice versa, so we are stuck right now without a way to properly test these files.

Obviously, we cannot guaranty return of a working phone to you because we don't know what the original problem was and if it can be remedied with the files we have.

It is very likely, given our prior experience, that it would be a very straight forward process and all will go as planned and the files will work properly and recover the phone.