Hey guys, some help would be GREATLY appreciated!

flashjump

Reaction score
Okay so I've lurked around a few threads and came across multiple apps and suggestions to what to download after rooting. New to rooting too but I've looked up a bit before doing any risky action so far.

Currently I have:
1. Titanium backup pro which has all system data and apps backed up and all user apps moved to my SD card.
2. I have ROM Manager and flashed clockworkmod recovery into my phone.
3. I also have Droid 3 Recovery Bootstrap.

I would like this theme : https://play.google.com/store/apps/...RhcmtrbmlnaHQ5Ni5mci50aGVtZS5kYXJrZ2luZ2VyIl0.

Now questions:
1. Do I need to partition my sd card? Will my stuff be safe since I backed everything up in titanium backup?
2. Since my desired theme is in the android app store, is it cutting a few steps to flash the ROM? (points to my 3rd question)
3. For any other Roms, would I have to download them normally via computer and then drag them into my SD card for Rom Manager to find/install? Or could I download them from the droids forum app?

If i'm missing any other steps or if im doing something wrong, feel free to correct me. Sorry if my answers can be found in another post, or you've seen these questions 5billion times. I'd just thought its better/safe to make a post and ask than to be sorry and mess up my phone right? thanks for any help :)

pistacio

Reaction score
It's not a good idea to backup system apps in titanium. If you restore them to a different ROM it WILL cause problems.

Most ROMS are using safestrap recovery, not bootstrap. It leaves your stock system intact in nonsafe mode, then switch to safe mode to flash roms(safe mode means safe to flash). That way if something goes wrong, you can revert to your stock rom (nonsafe system).

Please remove ROM manager. Someone might be able to explain the WHY on that statement.