[HOW TO] Root your Motorola Droid RAZR [Windows Only]

Yep, i'm New to this

is it safe to root if i have andorid version 1.3.6

Charge Onl yOption

My Droid does not give the charge only option, How do I root then? I dont want a soft Brick.

i have my razr maxx rooted this way What do i have to do before i can get the OTA jelly bean up date?

Jelly Bean is not currently being pushed OTA to our original Razrs and Maxxs. It was accidentally released on 12/24 but was quickly wothdrawn. You can side load it but not OTA download it right now.

ok but when the OTA update comes do i have to un root before i get the up date?
Thanks for the info

I was rooted, got the OTA update to Jellybean, but lost my root. Is there still no working root method for JB?

ok, so i'm not a complete n00b when it comes to rooting, i had a DroidX that i rooted a couple times (because i took the last OTA provided). I just got my RAZR a couple weeks ago, and see that i can't connect to my computer to "Charge Only" as being part of ICS...How is it that i would root my phone now? It's a VZW Droid RAZR... 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US running Android 4.0.4

since the jb update, an apparent bug was fixed on my razr and now I can not use my Bluetooth or the tether method on my phone. Verizon said it was something that I should of been paying for..ooops. anyways if I root my phone will I be able to use these again or should I just go with easytether pro?

since the jb update, an apparent bug was fixed on my razr and now I can not use my Bluetooth or the tether method on my phone. Verizon said it was something that I should of been paying for..ooops. anyways if I root my phone will I be able to use these again or should I just go with easytether pro?

If you root, it won't necessarily fix Bluetooth. You may be able to flash custom ROMs but I can't say it will fix the Bluetooth issue/bug. If you root, you have a ton of tether options..or you could try Foxfi/PDAnet and see if that works for you right now..it is free, but I believe there is a limit.

I have a razr and im running JB 4.1.2 and im looking to root. I have rooted many phones in the passed but have just dragged my feet on rooting the razr because I wanted the OTA which I now regret! I looked around here on the forum and havent been able to find an up to date root method. Anyone know of one? i also want the ability to unroot as well in the event I need to exchange for a new device. Thanks!

I have a razr and im running JB 4.1.2 and im looking to root. I have rooted many phones in the passed but have just dragged my feet on rooting the razr because I wanted the OTA which I now regret! I looked around here on the forum and havent been able to find an up to date root method. Anyone know of one? i also want the ability to unroot as well in the event I need to exchange for a new device. Thanks!

Droid razr hacks.. Stickies..right underneath this thread you posted in.

Check it out:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...t912-jellybean-windows-mac-linux-all-one.html

Will this process be appropriate for the Motorola: DROID RAZR MAXX, System version XT912, and Android version 4.1.2?

Yes, the RAZR and RAZR maxx are the same phone..the only difference is the battery.

Back