ideas for Best galaxy nexus screen protector

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I figured since you weren't saying much. I just love the popcorn icon lol.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_G-Nex

circa55

Reaction score
do tell

LOL don't sit on the edge, it could be a few weeks before I get the Galaxy Nexus one. I've used both IPhone samples all I have left is an IPhone 3 sample that isn't that high of quality.

Would love to find out about this product. Please advise.

billyk

Reaction score
I've been on the hunt for a protector I like for a long time as well.

The Boxwave is the best yet - very glass-like, but it lifts a bit at the edges.

I really dislike the rubbery feeling, orange peel wet-install type.

X

XoomXoom

The Skinomi Screen protector is pretty awesome, it has a lifetime warranty, its cheap and you don't have to cut and try to stick the protector in the right place, it already comes in the shape of the screen and has all the holes cut out. just peel 'n' stick.

Amazon.com: galaxy

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just went to check the mail after seeing your post and they are here.. now I have to put them on.. They ARE edge to edge on the side and bottom but the cut out on top is weird.

img20120517215938.jpg

Any update??

I'm looking for smooth as glass, crystal clear, and edge to edge coverage.

Steve

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just put on the anti-glare version. It is edge to edge with a complete cutout in the top right.

Now I know why they don't make them edge to edge. Each edge looks like an air bubble because of the curved screen. Everything stuck fine - no problem getting out bubbles. It's usable but I question if the edges will peel up because of the inability to get it stuck on completely.

Also this is a matte version for the anti glare. It feels like it has a protector on it but not tacky like plastic - it feels matte.

It does affect the screen when you see an all white screen - you can tell there is a protector. Everywhere else the colors are vivid. When you run your fingers across it you can hear your finger which is annoying. However I believe with use that will go away.

Keep in mind this is not the same type I put on my wife's IPhone. This is anti glare. NO fingerprints or glare.

The biggest problem is at the edges - you can see them like they are bubbles.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok,

I just attempted to put on the same type I put on my wife's IPhone. I had some problems - the factory reversed the stickers so #1 and #2 were reversed. The means I had to pull off the sticker from the front of the phone and it pulled off the protector so many times it's bubbly like crazy.

Same issue with sticking on the edges. It cannot be done with the dry application screen protector. Also the factory did not cut the top to my liking - you can see when they did in the picture.

However - It feels like glass and the picture is outstanding even with the bubbles. If they had not reversed the stickers I would be bubble free but they would still have to fix the weird top and cut the sides out so they stick.

Luckily I have someone calling the factory now to discuss it. These were made just for me so they never have tested one on the Nexus. I was also hoping the sides would stick properly.

Screen Protector like Glass.JPG

billyk

Reaction score
Ok,

I just attempted to put on the same type I put on my wife's IPhone. I had some problems - the factory reversed the stickers so #1 and #2 were reversed. The means I had to pull off the sticker from the front of the phone and it pulled off the protector so many times it's bubbly like crazy.

Same issue with sticking on the edges. It cannot be done with the dry application screen protector. Also the factory did not cut the top to my liking - you can see when they did in the picture.

However - It feels like glass and the picture is outstanding even with the bubbles. If they had not reversed the stickers I would be bubble free but they would still have to fix the weird top and cut the sides out so they stick.

Luckily I have someone calling the factory now to discuss it. These were made just for me so they never have tested one on the Nexus. I was also hoping the sides would stick properly.

View attachment 50213

Dry-apply is like this. My Boxwave does not sit perfectly at a couple of points around the edges - it just can't follow the curve on the edge of the screen. But, it's hard as glass and perfectly clear.

My curiosity got the better of me and I bought an XO, full-sized - never tried them before. I've used wet-apply many times on previous phones from most of the popular companies. XO has a good rep: reportedly no orange peel and no optical issues, just a plastic-y feel, which I am willing to trade-off at the moment for something that sits perfectly flat.

The industry offers a number of excellent cases for the GNex - most would agree - but screen protectors continue to be quite inconsistent with no "one" good one that makes most users happy.