ideas for Best galaxy nexus screen protector

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't stand the ones that feel like plastic. The one above that was labelled wrong felt like glass. The problem is it needs to be cut smaller and the top needs to be fixed.

I'll get more samples next week hopefully.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Never really understood the fascination with screen protectors. Haven't gotten a single scratch on any of my phones since the original Droid. Gone from D1->D3->Gnex.

I understand cases, but screen protectors...meh

navy

Reaction score
A cheap screen protector is enough, I don't recommend to buy an expensive one.

X

XoomXoom

Yeah i never got a screen protector either, until i dropped my last phone and the glass cracked just barely to where you could hardly tell, overtime it kept spreading on my screen, if i would have put a screen protector on it i wouldn't have had to buy a new phone so quickly lol. Also when i have a screen protector there's no smudging on the screen.

http://amzn.to/KaxiaJ

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I don't usually like using screen protectors, or even a case for that matter, but since I'm using the diztronic case that came with the screen protector, I decided to keep my gnex protected all around. The screen protector that came with the case wasn't anything too special, so I decided to do some research and get a better screen protector.

After all my research on the many options there are out there, I decided to order the XO screen protector. This will be my first wet apply screen protector. When it comes in I will report back with my 2 cents on it.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I am using the XO for about 3 month and it is prefect.. keeps clean and protected and you can't notice it at all.. i believe that when i remove it the screen would be like new but got no reason to remove it..

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Received my XO skin in the mail yesterday, super fast shipping from amazon.

Last night after work I installed it as recommended per the provided instructions and a YouTube video I watched on this.

I installed it about perfectly and let it sit to cure all last night. I am noticing a couple extremely small imperfections (air bubbles, streaks, etc), but these are only visible in certain viewing angles and are hardly noticeable. I anticipate these should work themselves out over the next couple days.

I can barely notice the screen protector on while looking at it, but it does have somewhat of a different feel. It feels somewhat rubbery or like a polyurethane coating. However, this is not that bothersome, especially since I know that my screen is now 100% protected - this seems to be a fair trade off. Who knows, maybe this feel will dissipate after time and use.

I am also using a Diztronic case with the screen protector, and I'm having no issues or conflicts between the 2. So far, despite the price of this thing ($20/protector), I am very happy with it and would definitely recommend it. This is the best install and best protector I have used yet. It's basically unnoticeable.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had to leave for a week - my father became very Ill.

I'll have the S III ones for sale soon since they fit perfectly. The Nexus had to be re-cut and I'm expecting that next week.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Scratch proof and self healing screen protectors sound good in theory but in practice the extra coating that they use causes poor visibility and feel.

I would much prefer to have little tiny marks that I dont see when the screen is on than to have something that feels like plastic and reduces the way my display looks.