ideas for Best galaxy nexus screen protector

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would most likely buy one if the galaxy nexus version had the full cut available. I know it's kinda picky, but I feel like it looks much more natural with the full cut. Lucky S3 owners! Flip covers and now full cut just like glass screen protectors. :biggrin:

I can easily get the full cut for you if you want.

Email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

May be interested in a full cut myself. Had the steinheil on mine which is a full cut and never had any issue with peeling or anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
May be interested in a full cut myself. Had the steinheil on mine which is a full cut and never had any issue with peeling or anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

The difference is ours feels like glass, not plastic. I've tried the Steinheil and threw it out.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The difference is ours feels like glass, not plastic. I've tried the Steinheil and threw it out.
Would you put a guarantee on that? :p

My Nexus 7 is naked right now and I love the smoothness of it. Highly considering of ripping off the protector on my phone

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Our Nexus 7 protector is full coverage and feels completely like glass. It will also protect the glass from impact.

My Nexus 7 is naked right now and I love the smoothness of it. Highly considering of ripping off the protector on my phone

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll guarantee ours feels like glass but not that you like it better.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm convinced. Going to place my order through Amazon.

Hopefully I can report back as a happy customer. I'm gonna get the Nexus 7 one first and if I really like it ill order one for my Nexus

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced. Going to place my order through Amazon.

Hopefully I can report back as a happy customer. I'm gonna get the Nexus 7 one first and if I really like it ill order one for my Nexus

Don't rush on the Galaxy Nexus - I may increase the cut size.

You will love the Nexus 7 - all of our Tablet screen protectors are great. Especially for Galaxy Note people since they are completely hard like glass.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hopefully, looking forward to getting this screen protector. Got high hopes for it lol

As for the galaxy Nexus I am hoping for a fuller cut but that's obviously up to you

b-jammin21

Reaction score
dezymond said:
Hopefully, looking forward to getting this screen protector. Got high hopes for it lol

As for the galaxy Nexus I am hoping for a fuller cut but that's obviously up to you

+1 on the bigger cut

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Looks like my screen protector should be coming later today. Review to follow....

Edit:

So just received and installed the screen protector. It must be me, but the protector was hard to align to my liking. I thought when installing the screen protector on my old Xoom was a bit easier for whatever reason.

Packaging:
1. One of the cheaper packed screen protectors I've seen and for the price, I was expecting more protection for it. Instead you get a piece of construction paper with regular thin plastic packaging to protect it
2. Alot of protectors with this price tag give two protectors, so kinda disappointed I only get one, but I knew it would only be one.
3. Comes with solution, but no type of card to work the bubbles out with...
4. My protector was horizontal to the packaging itself so it bent a bit. I hope the rest aren't packaged like this.

Initial impressions:
1. High quality screen protector, no doubt about it.
2. It's a very smooth protector, definitely smoother than any other I've used, but smoother as glass? Initial impressions for me prove otherwise, still like the feel of glass better.
3. Doesn't seem to attract fingerprint too much, better than the SGP on my Nexus, but that's putting an almost one year old screen protector vs brand new too (I never believed in the "no fingerprint" things)
4. Doesn't interfere with my case, wasn't expecting it to, but good to know it doesn't
5. No matter how much I try to flatten the edges they just won't stay down for now, and but hopefully they do when it dries. I didn't have this problem with my SGP on my Galaxy Nexus

Some stupid error on my part, didn't realize the camera cutout has plastic over it, now I have to remove the top to remove it which I don't want to go through again. Not that I use the camera on this Nexus 7 anyway, but just saying.

Overall so far, and there is some bubbling that I couldn't work out that'll have to dry out, I'm pretty happy with it so far. Definitely the smoothest protectors I've put on and makes me realize the SGP on my Nexus is well.... there. You can definitely tell there is a screen protector on with Just Like Glass, but I bought it for the hope of it being smooth and it is.

I'll have a detailed review after a few days of use.

Guru, if you want more feedback or anything let me know.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good review. I like to read constructive reviews like this.

As far as the packaging goes I do have plans on putting it into something more high end but I have to buy them in lots of 10,000 pieces. We we not big enough yet to justify it. We do make sure than they all are shipped in a box so the protectors don't get damaged.

The construction paper is there to make sure that nothing dents or affects the screen protector. We do include a spray bottle so we try to make sure everything arrives in perfect condition.

As far as the hard card, we don't include one because ZAGG has a patent on it. I am currently working on something that will be superior to what ZAGG uses but in the meantime you get the same result by using a credit card wrapped in the high end cloth we include.

The protector shouldn't be horizontal to the packaging at all. I've never heard of that happening before.

All of our protectors are made in the USA and packaged by hand. So sometimes someone messes up and if it damages the protector I always replace them free.

Keep pressing the sides down for 5-7 days. I've installed alot of these and they should adhere unless you have a curved screen.

Scott

Looks like my screen protector should be coming later today. Review to follow....

Edit:

So just received and installed the screen protector. It must be me, but the protector was hard to align to my liking. I thought when installing the screen protector on my old Xoom was a bit easier for whatever reason.

Packaging:
1. One of the cheaper packed screen protectors I've seen and for the price, I was expecting more protection for it. Instead you get a piece of construction paper with regular thin plastic packaging to protect it
2. Alot of protectors with this price tag give two protectors, so kinda disappointed I only get one, but I knew it would only be one.
3. Comes with solution, but no type of card to work the bubbles out with...
4. My protector was horizontal to the packaging itself so it bent a bit. I hope the rest aren't packaged like this.

Initial impressions:
1. High quality screen protector, no doubt about it.
2. It's a very smooth protector, definitely smoother than any other I've used, but smoother as glass? Initial impressions for me prove otherwise, still like the feel of glass better.
3. Doesn't seem to attract fingerprint too much, better than the SGP on my Nexus, but that's putting an almost one year old screen protector vs brand new too (I never believed in the "no fingerprint" things)
4. Doesn't interfere with my case, wasn't expecting it to, but good to know it doesn't
5. No matter how much I try to flatten the edges they just won't stay down for now, and but hopefully they do when it dries. I didn't have this problem with my SGP on my Galaxy Nexus

Some stupid error on my part, didn't realize the camera cutout has plastic over it, now I have to remove the top to remove it which I don't want to go through again. Not that I use the camera on this Nexus 7 anyway, but just saying.

Overall so far, and there is some bubbling that I couldn't work out that'll have to dry out, I'm pretty happy with it so far. Definitely the smoothest protectors I've put on and makes me realize the SGP on my Nexus is well.... there. You can definitely tell there is a screen protector on with Just Like Glass, but I bought it for the hope of it being smooth and it is.

I'll have a detailed review after a few days of use.

Guru, if you want more feedback or anything let me know.