im lost

ryval1224

Reaction score
oi downloaded the rom, pulled my battery and got to recovery, but when i went to the boot from sd card it looked like it worked but didnt load the rom i downloaded, what am i doing wrong

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
oi downloaded the rom, pulled my battery and got to recovery, but when i went to the boot from sd card it looked like it worked but didnt load the rom i downloaded, what am i doing wrong

Downloaded what ROM?

What recovery are you using?

Did you put the ROM on internal or external SD Card?

Answer ye these questions three and we will get some help for thee.

OP
R

ryval1224

Reaction score
i down loaded it to my sd card, and recovery im using is...well i dont know, i just pulled the battery and got into the recovery mode......do i have to do that bootloader unlock thing......

ss13

Reaction score
Yes. You have to unlock, the flash a recovery (clockwork or AmonRa), then you can flash a custom ROM. There are thousands of posts about this all over the place. Please read before posting.

'a little search goes a long way'

OP
R

ryval1224

Reaction score
okay still nothing, i followed the everything, but when i get the the cmd it says location not found,,,,,what am i doing wrong...i followed everything but im just lost

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
We're lost too. You really have to tell us what exactly you were trying to do. Everything is a bit unclear. If you were unlocking and got "location not found" then I'd say you weren't executing the fastboot command from the proper place. I'd have another response for the same error with rooting or ROM'ing. So you see that precise explanations of what you're doing and what errors/output it gives you is key.

BTW unlocking is really step one..so start there.

OP
R

ryval1224

Reaction score
okay so i wanna root my phone, but first i have to unlock my bootloader, i downloaded the sdk and clicked on the packages, but when i got to the command prompt it say the system can not find the path specified...and it says is not reconized as an internal or external command....i have my phone plugged in and im in fastboot usb mode

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
okay so i wanna root my phone, but first i have to unlock my bootloader, i downloaded the sdk and clicked on the packages, but when i got to the command prompt it say the system can not find the path specified...and it says is not reconized as an internal or external command....i have my phone plugged in and im in fastboot usb mode

You have to change directories to wherever you just installed the Android SDK. so if you installed it to c:\program files (x86)\android SDK then in DOS you would do
Code:
cd "\program files (x86)\android SDK\tools"  
then your fastboot commands