Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Anyone else get the OTA yet, or did you all go ahead and flash it?

Or are you waiting?

Let's discuss. Haha!

My phone is currently rebooting after the install. Just got the OTA. Around 75mb.

I'm excited to see if the fix for bluetooth volume makes any difference with the BT device connected to my stereo in my truck. The volume is incredibly low on it compared to my Note 4, but the 6P hasn't had the "skipping" sound issue like the Note 4 did. I read that the fix is so that BT accessories with volume control will actually change system volume. Mine doesn't have that, but I also read that some are experiencing sound being TOO LOUD on some devices, which I'd almost rather prefer. As it stands now, if I switch from BT to the regular radio without thinking about it, I'm almost blasted out of the cab.

Another fix that I read about that I'm looking forward to is the fix for the lag in the "quick share" menu (or whatever it's called). Multiple times, I've gone to share something and the people didn't show up right away. Right as I went to tap, let's say Facebook (which is where I wanted to share the picture anyway), the contact choices would appear and I'd start a text to someone I hadn't intended to send that picture to. There's supposed to be a fix for that issue in this update, so I'm looking forward to not having to consciously wait before tapping the icon that I want to use.

Anybody that's already running it spot any other little tweaks or fixes for things that may or may not have been bothering them?

Oh yeah! Copy and Paste popup is supposed to be faster as well. I've got to go to a work meet-and-greet thing though, so I won't really be able to play very much. Looking forward to seeing what you guys think/find/know. ;)

Failed MMS bug is fixed. I can receive pics and group chats again!!

Oh yeah! Copy and Paste popup is supposed to be faster as well. I've got to go to a work meet-and-greet thing though, so I won't really be able to play very much. Looking forward to seeing what you guys think/find/know. ;)
It is quicker now. I hardly copy and paste so it wasn't an issue for me.

Waiting on the issues to settle out on the ROM I'm running. Heard there were issues with the updated radios and LTE, so I'll wait for the dust to settle

Finding a major bugfix list isn't easy.

-Slow clock issue
-MMS Bug issue fix
-Copy paste timing changed
-Do Not Disturb updated.

That's all I can find.

Wait ... you forgot the Poo emoji :cool::eek::confused:

The issues I was referring to are mostly related to the ROM incorporating the new proprietary binary's.
Though quite a few folks complained about the updated radio. Mostly on AT&T though I think.

I like to let these things bake awhile....

Another reason for ROOT... No pressure to update, if I don't want to.

I flashed the update via Skipsoft toolkit and rerooted. No issues before or after.

Wait ... you forgot the Poo emoji :cool::eek::confused:

The issues I was referring to are mostly related to the ROM incorporating the new proprietary binary's.
Though quite a few folks complained about the updated radio. Mostly on AT&T though I think.

I like to let these things bake awhile....

Another reason for ROOT... No pressure to update, if I don't want to.
How could I forget about the poo...

Interesting new folder name on my home screen after the update.
e31055b6150933b42e6dec9d62cdc535.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P

You're drunk Nexus 6P go home.

Funny part is, the next screen over has like 3-4 folders. NONE of my folders were named that I can recall, but that is the only one that had a crazy name after the update.

Also, BT volume issue that I've been having doesn't appear to have changed.

My Mustang doesn't like the update. I keep getting "Bluetooth media disconnected"

Back