Jelly bean is approved

jtc303

Reaction score
Oh yea... Charging seems to be super fast

bohemouth

Reaction score
Maybe it's a combination of the factory data reset, new high-speed class 10 SD and this new OTA, but my phone is BUTTER now. Amazing. So much better than the leaked build. Loving it.

I got the JB yesterday morning, though it is amazing, I noticed going from screen to screen, mostly to my home screen to other apps, it shutters just a bit, I'm wondering if i should put a class 10 card in it, i have a class 4 right now. Also, if it still is doing this after three days, should i do a factory reset in addition to a Class 10 card? just curious, thanks.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
A lot of people are having issues with class 10 cards... I wouldn't go that route.

I wiped cache in stock recovery but not data and it is very smooth for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
I got the JB yesterday morning, though it is amazing, I noticed going from screen to screen, mostly to my home screen to other apps, it shutters just a bit, I'm wondering if i should put a class 10 card in it, i have a class 4 right now. Also, if it still is doing this after three days, should i do a factory reset in addition to a Class 10 card? just curious, thanks.

Try this; go to settings/developer options and set all three animation scales to .5x and check the box by Disable HW overlays and then reboot phone. That should fix the problem.

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
The day after I installed the JB update, my HPePrint app wouldn't work correctly. So I uninstalled the app, then reinstalled it and it mentioned it was working with android 4.1 to make it all work right. After the installation of the app , it still didn't work right. So I just forgot about it and went about my life. Just now I tried the same printing options and it seems to have worked OK.

bohemouth

Reaction score
Just installed it and.... damn lag going to quick settings the first time is still there... Everything else looks nice. Gonna need a couple days with it to really see how the battery usage will be. Quick settings lag isn't really a big issue, just you know... aesthetically unpleasant?

Yeah, I found the lag there too, mostly when I go to home page, hoping it gets sorted out in a few days, good luck.

bohemouth

Reaction score
You'll need a custom launcher that supports that, or a locker app. Also, Google now can be accessed on the home screen by swiping up on the home button.

Thanks Cliff, i just tried it and that's awesome i didn't know i could do that. Do you know how I can get to making cards?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Thanks Cliff, i just tried it and that's awesome i didn't know i could do that. Do you know how I can get to making cards?

Making cards?

bohemouth

Reaction score
A lot of people are having issues with class 10 cards... I wouldn't go that route.

I wiped cache in stock recovery but not data and it is very smooth for me.

How do you wipe cache in stock recovery?

bohemouth

Reaction score
Making cards?

isn't there an option in googleplus where you can make "cards" as they call it, that tell you what traffic is like on certain routs you take everyday, like to work or school. I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's what they are called.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
How do you wipe cache in stock recovery?

Power the phone off. Hold volume up + volume down + power to bring up a black screen with white letters. Go down and select recovery with the power button. At the dead android screen hold volume down and press volume up once (still while holding volume down.) Now at this screen go down and select wipe cache partition then reboot.

I don't know about the cards, sorry.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
isn't there an option in googleplus where you can make "cards" as they call it, that tell you what traffic is like on certain routs you take everyday, like to work or school. I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's what they are called.

Yes, they are called cards. When you open Google +, at the bottom you can select “show sample cards." It will bring up many possible cards that may fit your needs. For each card, in the upper right is a setting icon where you can choose your preferences for that card.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

jtc303

Reaction score
really liking jelly bean so far my only gripe is getting rid of sleep mode.. but that's not a big deal