prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The ramzswap module (compcache) is included, I forgot to include the *fixed* compcache script as I was already running it.

I will update and answer any questions this evening, I'm currently working.

Regards,
prime

Bear in NM

Reaction score
I took a look at the innards of the install process, as I guess it needs to be updated.

As to what it looks to offer, certainly compcache and overclocking. And in looking at the list of modules that get loaded there are gonna be a ton of goodies for folks. Not sure if the average/regular user will see a bucketload of benefits other than the main goodness (which is way worth the price of admission), but it looks like a lot of features to deal with advanced connectivity, at least. Prime has been a very busy boy.

Also what prime is doing in the install is deleting any existing 20overclock and/or any 99overclock scripts that you might have on your phone. Those of us using the reprimed method will have a 20overclock, and if you have a custom one, back it up. Not likley many will have a 99overclock file, but if you do for any reason, that one too needs to be backed up before flashing.

And Prime did not specifically mention whether this is backwards compatible on the older nightlies, prior to about 41 nightly or Winners version 41ish, you may not want to try anything certainly until the fix is in from prime, and possibly until he confirms the functioning on older nightlies.

Craig

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Was working great for me, but after a reboot I got stuck at the boot animation and had to pull the battery. The only thing I messed with were the CM clock settings and set up a swap file on my sd-ext.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Kanibull

Reaction score
unfortunately the compcache seems to be broken with the latest winner build(3-3) i believe

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I'm working on an update, should fix the compcache issue. The cyanogen team changed to an entirely different method of compcache size detection, its not at all my fault its broken and I'm finding it difficult without backtracking git changes exactly what was done how to properly repair it but I will nail it down. I am also searching for the proper values to feed overclock so adjustments to voltage and slots can be made.

I also will be making adjustments to the default scheduler in hopes of alleviating any high load issues some have reported (I have experienced the issue myself).

I will update thread in an hour or so, thank you to all testers for reporting your issues...together we can get all issues resolved.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I'm working on an update, should fix the compcache issue. The cyanogen team changed to an entirely different method of compcache size detection, its not at all my fault its broken and I'm finding it difficult without backtracking git changes exactly what was done how to properly repair it but I will nail it down. I am also searching for the proper values to feed overclock so adjustments to voltage and slots can be made.

I also will be making adjustments to the default scheduler in hopes of alleviating any high load issues some have reported (I have experienced the issue myself).

I will update thread in an hour or so, thank you to all testers for reporting your issues...together we can get all issues resolved.

Would you be at all interested in an app that edits your overclock files in a UI sort of interface?

Would anyone be interested in that? Or are us tinkerers more secure with editing the files manually?

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Updated OP to add more information about kernel.

I began writting code for an overclock application, just been too busy to work on it. If someone wants to knock a UI together that would be cool.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Updated OP to add more information about kernel.

I began writting code for an overclock application, just been too busy to work on it. If someone wants to knock a UI together that would be cool.

I will try to throw something together.

Are you going to continue changing the overclock filename across versions? What name are you planning for deprimed?

Last edited:
OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Deprimed is a codename, it will be called chameleon..more on this later also (it's not just a name).

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Deprimed is a codename, it will be called chameleon..more on this later also (it's not just a name).

I guess I'm talking about the 20overclock file, which was 7overlock in a previous version.

If I write something that edits that file, the name has to be something predictable.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

I guess I'm talking about the 20overclock file, which was 7overlock in a previous version.

If I write something that edits that file, the name has to be something predictable.

20overclock will continue to be the name, your app could parse the values from the script or create a new script (although parsing the values to a database might be a good idea (this way you can create custom named values for use in creative ways (like creating defaults for ULV|LV|SV|IV to be called from the app). I also thought about doing a web app that you could enter desired slots and voltages and it would output that to an 20overclock file for download but my time is so limited lately.

Or make it as simple as possible, KISS works also :)

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I have been dealing with fedex all day today, everything is taking longer than necessary but an update is coming :/

Wetzilla

Reaction score
I'm interested in trying your kernel, since it seems like it runs really well, but I haven't yet dived into all the milestone overclocking app yet. Do I need to have that installed to use your kernel? Or can I just download and flash it like a normal kernel?