prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
No milestone app necessary, I'm building a new kernel as I type this.

luv2golf

Reaction score
I am running the de primed kernal with winners 3.2 build. My clock and weather app are not updating. Could this be a kernal issue?. This is the first time this has ever happened.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I am running the de primed kernal with winners 3.2 build. My clock and weather app are not updating. Could this be a kernal issue?. This is the first time this has ever happened.

It may be a scheduler issue, I've went back to using deadline.

The kernel built but I wasn't happy with the responsiveness. I will have something tonight for testing.

I have three kids and a wife to tend to after 4 p.m so it may take a while. I apologize for the delay.

shazam_it

Reaction score

It may be a scheduler issue, I've went back to using deadline.

The kernel built but I wasn't happy with the responsiveness. I will have something tonight for testing.

I have three kids and a wife to tend to after 4 p.m so it may take a while. I apologize for the delay.

family first my friend. family first.

luv2golf

Reaction score
No problem, take your time. Just wanted to let you know. Thanks for all your hard work. Getting ready to flash your gingerbread.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
bed time....get to sleep for 2.5 hours before work :\

dredhead407

Reaction score
You shouldn't be depriving yourself of sleep for us. I think I could speak for most of us when I say that you could have released it in the next day or two.

What Motorola should say about the og droid, "At least we got it right the first time" lol

linuxmel

Reaction score
You mentioned not to overclock this kernel, does that include using the performance setting in CyanenMod setting where you can set CPU setting etc... select a governor.

thanks

dredhead407

Reaction score
You mentioned not to overclock this kernel, does that include using the performance setting in CyanenMod setting where you can set CPU setting etc... select a governor.

thanks

He means to not change the 7th slot to a higher frequency.

What Motorola should say about the og droid, "At least we got it right the first time" lol

jhuntdog

Reaction score
So far, so great with deprimed test 2. For what its worth, I really prefer bottom slot set to 250 instead of 125. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
You can use SetCPU or CM overclock settings on the kernel.

I have found two of the necessary three values to activate the overclock module (two is enough but the third is needed for TiS (Time in State reporting)). I will locate the third value this afternoon and update the OP.

linuxmel

Reaction score
You can use SetCPU or CM overclock settings on the kernel.

I have found two of the necessary three values to activate the overclock module (two is enough but the third is needed for TiS (Time in State reporting)). I will locate the third value this afternoon and update the OP.
Thanks for the reply, and your vast knowledge of the linux kernel!
There is no better OS than Linux.

gloster

Reaction score
I have loaded deprimed test #2. I have booted successfully; no problems in first few minutes of usage.