Linear For Liberty v1.5

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here you go Goodies for Linear pull apps from zip folder and copy to SDCard uninstall any market version(s), then install app(s) like a non market application.

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You are bomb!

The Maps extracted fine but the goodies extract was not. Just a BW icon shows up. Can this .zip be installed through clockwork?

Edit: got it. Its in .zip still

Edit 2: Ok everything is gtg.

The BW folder. How do I install the skin?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kdkinc

Reaction score
You are bomb!

The Maps extracted fine but the goodies extract was not. Just a BW icon shows up. Can this .zip be installed through clockwork?

Edit: got it. Its in .zip still

Edit 2: Ok everything is gtg.

The BW folder. How do I install the skin?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Goodies

OK guys decided this would be better served in a separate thread since we will be covering a few roms with the theme.

All apks are installed like non-market apps. Please uninstall previously installed versions from the market.

Unzip goodies folder and copy apk files to your sd card install with root explorer or astro ect...

Beautiful Widgets Skin Install - Copy Folders Linear, and Linear II to SD Card \data\beautifulwidgets\skins. Then apply like any other

detox

Reaction score
Hey skurtz...

I wanted to say thanks again

Did the picture I posted on twitter have the correct widget?

detoXatappin on my X

thahandyman

Reaction score
here's a weird request... is there a way to make a golden linear theme.... i've grown very fond of the look, i.e. font, notification bar icons, etc of linear, especially the transparent lock screen, but i've not downloaded it yet as I keep reading the toolbox dl is slow due to # of downloads and while i've been waiting the gold of base liberty has taken me back to my youth (gold was the color of my middle-high school teams and my college team (iowa hawks) and i think it would be nice to combine them... how hard would it be for me to update the icons in the theme to be golden and/or can i request that?

thanks in advance

**edit** guess i should note that I'm not an expert but I have changed my own battery icons before (only the battery tho and with a step by step tutorial) & i used to update my lockscreen text i.e. remove the verizon wireless with adb before liberty's awesomeness make it too easy, so although i'm not expert i'm also not completely clueless

thahandyman

Reaction score
replaying to self, need a few more posts....quit calling me a newbie droidforums!!

tshook06

Reaction score
Love the theme for liberty but y do I get a force close on the liberty toolbox in the setttings menu only with the linear theme??? Can u please fix or help please

kdkinc

Reaction score
Love the theme for liberty but y do I get a force close on the liberty toolbox in the setttings menu only with the linear theme??? Can u please fix or help please

I would first clear the cache in apps for toolbox see if that helps.
If that doesn't help uninstall the toolbox and download the Liberty ToolBox in the Market.
Also you could try to reinstall Liberty Rom via recovery no wipes needed.

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just a quick heads up with feature that can be used in Liberty/Linear Theme. You can dial when your phone is in landscape.

To use this go into contacts hit menu button, then select preferences scroll down to the bottom, enable sensor rotation. Now when you go to make a call from landscape just press where the digits normally display and a keyboard will pop that looks like this. Not sure how many users know of this option so I thought I would share it.

snap20110112_175748.png

detox

Reaction score
Just a quick heads up with feature that can be used in Liberty/Linear Theme. You can dial when your phone is in landscape.

To use this go into contacts hit menu button, then select preferences scroll down to the bottom, enable sensor rotation. Now when you go to make a call from landscape just press where the digits normally display and a keyboard will pop that looks like this. Not sure how many users know of this option so I thought I would share it.

snap20110112_175748.png

Nice. Learn something new every day. Thanks for sharing

detoXatappin on my X

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice. Learn something new every day. Thanks for sharing

detoXatappin on my X

Not a problem, I think this is the only theme for the DX that this works......I don't even think this works on any other DX ROM, Liberty stock being included.... so I thought I should share it since I use this all the time while driving and my phone is docked.

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK another tip / feature that can be used with Liberty/Linear is pull-up dialer. This is my favorite feature in the theme. This eliminates the problem of the phone hanging up from using the it on your shoulder during a conversation.

To use this feature go into settings, then call settings scroll down till you see in-call touch UI and deselect it. Disregaurd the in-call backgrounds I was playing with something:)

Cytown.png

detox

Reaction score
OK another tip / feature that can be used with Liberty/Linear is pull-up dialer. This is my favorite feature in the theme. This eliminates the problem of the phone hanging up from using the it on your shoulder during a conversation.

To use this feature go into settings, then call settings scroll down till you see in-call touch UI and deselect it. Disregaurd the in-call backgrounds I was playing with something:)

Cytown.png

Nice

Hmmm....I see green not red. Color variations in the works?

detoXatappin on my X

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice
Hmmm....I see green not red. Color variations in the works?
detoXatappin on my X

lol nope was just playing with a background.....we won't be doing any color variations untill we feel the theme is as good as we can get it.