[ROM] Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V3.0

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Simple request so us d3 owners don't get left out of the loop. How about smart actions from the razer. Simple yet effective as I have read. Besides when razr owners look at our d3 and say how did you get smart actions? We can all say those great devs behind maverick rom. As for the rom its great. But the theme manager in the tool box has left my phone bootlooping trying different themes ie ICS theme

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reflash the rom, then try the theme again. Use the clear downloads button. Then makes sure the screen doesn't time out and shut off on you when it downloads and installs the theme. I've had it mess up on me before when the screen times out(bug).

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok. Once you SBF and have the clean &quot;stock&quot; system (it doesnt matter which one, technically, I'm on .890 I think:D):<br />
<br />
1. Achieve Root<br />
<br />
(Stealing this from guidot's guides over in the hack thread)<br />
<br />
1. Make sure &quot;allow 3rd party apps&quot; is checked so you can sideload SafeStrap<br />
2. Find the apk in your download folder.<br />
3. Install the SafeStrap app.<br />
4. Open the app from your app drawer.<br />
5. Allow root access.<br />
6. Select 'Install Recovery.' This should take a moment; when it completes, 'Recovery State' should show 'Installed.'<br />
<br />
Now, you are ready to reboot into recovery. <br />
<br />
1. Power the phone off and power it on.<br />
2. You will come to a splash screen that states, 'press menu for recovery access.' You have 10 seconds, otherwise the phone boots normally.<br />
3. Once you press the menu softkey, it will boot into ClockworkMod Recovery<br />
<br />
To flash a ROM:<br />
<br />
1. Make sure the ROM .zip file is on your SDcard<br />
2. Reboot and access recovery as above.<br />
3. Select Safe System<br />
4. Turn on Safe System (this should take a few minutes as it is copying the userdata to an unused partition)<br />
5. Power off and reboot into recovery <br />
6. Select mounts and storage<br />
7. Format /system<br />
8. Back to main menu<br />
9. Install zip (MavROM) from SDcard<br />
10. wipe data (in main menu)<br />
11. wipe cache (in main menu)<br />
12. Reboot (should take a good while to boot, up to 5 minutes)
<br />
<br />
SOrry forgot to mention that I am trying to to install it on my unsafe system. I wanted to install this on my unsafe system and then install hashcodes cm9 on my safe system.<br />
<br />
Alright so I have another question. Once I wipe my data how do I get it back? Hashcode says to not let google restore settings when using his rom. Sorry if this doesn't belong here.

You need to get pretty fancy to install this in unsafe.

You need to uninstall safestrap, install hashcode tweaked d3 bootstrap. Install Maverick. Make any changes you want to it. Uninstall bootstrapper. Reinstall safestrap. Turn on safe system. Install cm9.

Any time you want to upgrade non-safe you will have to do this.

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

spivey76

Reaction score
Quick question - is there any way to switch to the stock corporate sync/ email app? I like this rom and appreciate the work, but there's something about moto's client that I can't stand.

Thanks.

sagarp14

Reaction score

You need to uninstall safestrap, install hashcode tweaked d3 bootstrap. Install Maverick. Make any changes you want to it. Uninstall bootstrapper. Reinstall safestrap. Turn on safe system. Install cm9.

That is how I did it. I never had safestrap installed only hashcodes bootstrap. I'm only wondering how to restore my data after the wipe now though. Once I figure out how to do that I am going to flash this rom!

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

You could always install the custom safestrap found here:
[BOOTSTRAP] Custom Safestrap v1.08d... with a console! - xda-developers
this will allow you to flash to your safe system and non safe system without having to switch back and forth between recoveries just to flash your non safe system
but I would advise you to know what your doing before you flash your non safe systems unless you like sbfing lol

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is how I did it. I never had safestrap installed only hashcodes bootstrap. I'm only wondering how to restore my data after the wipe now though. Once I figure out how to do that I am going to flash this rom!

Data for what? System or apps?

trini.s2k

Reaction score
i need something new and stable to flash hurry up guys :) :icon_ banana:.....btw no disrespect just impatient greatly appreciate your work :hail:

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i need something new and stable to flash hurry up guys :) :icon_ banana:.....btw no disrespect just impatient greatly appreciate your work :hail:

+1..........LOL.........:icon_ lala:

Oh hey also I could not get backup assistant to install on mavrom...any ideas?

billay12

Reaction score
Only issue I'm finding right now is when trying to change the Theme (specifically the ICS theme) my phone will lock up, and then restart. I've already tried wiping/reinstalling the OS to no luck. Any ideas??

sagarp14

Reaction score
Data for what? System or apps?

I was talking about my app data. But I'm suggesting I could restore that from my nandroid backup? Just not restore the system and cache.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I was talking about my app data. But I'm suggesting I could restore that from my nandroid backup? Just not restore the system and cache.

You'll need an app backup app, such as Titanium Backup or My Backup Pro. It'll make a backup of all ur apps + data, and allow you to restore them on different roms. Just be sure to NEVER restore system apps & data b/c mixing system stuff can cause ur rom to act pretty erratically.

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Only issue I'm finding right now is when trying to change the Theme (specifically the ICS theme) my phone will lock up, and then restart. I've already tried wiping/reinstalling the OS to no luck. Any ideas??

This is due to the server being down and the rom unable to download it.

OP
pedwards3x

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
In case people were wondering we had a ddos attack last night on the server. All is back to normal now.