[ROM] Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V3.0

jdinardo30

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone here could clear this up for me as I am unsure if this will brick my phone. I am currently running Steel Droid 4.5 (5.7.894 base) with Bootstrap on my Droid 3. I am interested to update to Maverick 3.0, but I am unsure if it will cause issues/bootloops if I were to flash with Bootstrap directly to Maverick 3.0 from Steal Droid 4.5 since Maverick 3.0 is based on 5.7.902. The main reason I am concerned is because I use Bootsrap, and to make it worse the backup that was created before the Steel Droid install fails the MD5 check, meaning my original backup is useless. I want to install Safestrap, but I am debating if I should just SBF back to stock so I have a clean stock Rom as backup, rather than the Steel Droid Rom. So my real questions is this, would it be safe to SBF back to stock, install Safestrap, then go about flashing Maverick? Or am I safe just going from Steel Droid to Maverick via Bootstrap without a stock backup? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
would it be safe to SBF back to stock, install Safestrap, then go about flashing Maverick?

Personally, I'll +1 this. this will eliminate any future issues or concerns.

But the alternate would work. Make a backup of SD that you are currently running, just in case. Then flash MavROM (with wipe).

Additionally, you could follow Guidot's guides to uninstall bootstrap and install Safestrap. then SD would be your base (non safe) system and you could flash MavROM on the safe system.

All up to you, but in the end, stock with root on non safe and MavROM on the safe would be my suggestion.

jdinardo30

Reaction score
Personally, I'll +1 this. this will eliminate any future issues or concerns.

But the alternate would work. Make a backup of SD that you are currently running, just in case. Then flash MavROM (with wipe).

Additionally, you could follow Guidot's guides to uninstall bootstrap and install Safestrap. then SD would be your base (non safe) system and you could flash MavROM on the safe system.

All up to you, but in the end, stock with root on non safe and MavROM on the safe would be my suggestion.

Thank you so much man, you're a life saver. I was unsure if it would be safe to go from Steel Droid directly to Maverick considering the different base version, but apparently it doesn't matter. I think I'm going to try the second option so I at least will be able to boot into at least one of the Roms if something goes wrong. Thanks again for the quick reply!

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In case people were wondering we had a ddos attack last night on the server. All is back to normal now.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Ddos ....haven't herd of those since mirc days lol...sh**ty

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just as an update. Along with 905 came an updated android.policy.jar which included a fix for the broken sleep mode. So, I now have all the expanded power menu stuff ported and working now. It was a little bit of a struggle but its done. So the next release will have sleep mode fixed.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just as an update. Along with 905 came an updated android.policy.jar which included a fix for the broken sleep mode. So, I now have all the expanded power menu stuff ported and working now. It was a little bit of a struggle but its done. So the next release will have sleep mode fixed.

Sounds yummy....
hey have you guys thought about adding this Wrong UMTS signal indication on XT862 [Fixed!!!] - xda-developers
I believe it has helped with staying connected to 3g instead of 2g,1x
anywho.. still loving 3.0 and eagerly waiting on 3.5

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
We will get it in this time around for you guys.

krazyace38

Reaction score
Anybody having problems with bluetooth disconnecting and reconnecting every so often

mtva24

Reaction score
awesome rom...im using it w/ the ics them...i also went w/ go launcher and the ics theme by kovdev

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
A new addition for the next update. Inverted blur messaging.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329971878760.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1329971878760.png
    52 KB · Views: 278