MDW Presents: Droid X 2.3.13 - The Froyo Upgrade

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I do not have my Droid X yet, but I have been reading the forums to be prepared for rooting and installing Froyo, if it is not out by the time I get the Droid X in the mail, 9/21.

I was on MDW and found a new Froyo release from the Master of Leaked Releases, P3Droid. I am posting the link to MDW for everyone at DF to enjoy. I can not wait to read the feedback.

MDW Presents: Droid X 2.3.13 - The Froyo Upgrade

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Reading through the posts on this one seems like nothing but problems. Duplicated apps, gmail not working. Not sure this is worth it to me, my 2.2 leak is running fine.

Asterisk

Reaction score
I think I might want to wait until there is an easier method to do this. From reading in that thread there is another thread that is a little bit older but seems to work better for some people. Only thing is some people have problems applying the 2.2 update.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Reading through the posts on this one seems like nothing but problems. Duplicated apps, gmail not working. Not sure this is worth it to me, my 2.2 leak is running fine.

agreed. i DLed it but probably wont do anything with it just yet..

Lordbutt

Reaction score
I think I might want to wait until there is an easier method to do this. From reading in that thread there is another thread that is a little bit older but seems to work better for some people. Only thing is some people have problems applying the 2.2 update.

Just follow the directions (be sure and rename "DX-2313-Deodexed.zip" to update.zip before booting into recovery.
If you have used Koush's Recovery, then you will need to use it to boot into recovery to install the new update.zip.

http://www.mydroidworld....-3-13-froyo-upgrade.html

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Don't believe everything you read. If half of what was written in this Forum were true you'd think the only good release for the D1 was the first one that came out, and we know that isn't true.

Try it, if it doesn't work for you, you can always go back. P3 Droid doesn't put something out there if it wasn't better then the previous release.

Lordbutt

Reaction score

It is obvious to even the most casual observer that you don't know what you're talking about. You must have been in some other thread. This is the fastest, most stable release to date.

OP
Bxrider117

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I read the other forum completely before posting this last night. I think some of those that were having installation problems are individuals that may have missed a step in the installation process.

I don't think P3Droid would release something that is not better than the previous. I remember when he released FRG01 for the D1 and then released FRG22 a few days later and people said that latest leak was not good and it turned out to be the final release from Verizon. Maybe this latest DX Froyo release is actually the official version? Just a thought, there is no truth to that statement.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Soupy McD

Reaction score
The new version installed seamlessly over FlyX v0.1/Tranquility, kept root and everything.

The bloatware is back :icon_evil:

stevesimmons

Reaction score
For those that have installed the 2.3.13 leak...

Does it address the low ring volume issue at all?

Thanks,
Steve

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have not really noticed any changes in this one and the previous leak. My battery manager still fc sometimes, which was the only problem I had before. I did a factory reset before upgrading and didn't have any issues. Other than losing root which I got back with guide for D2 users. I guess an uneventful upgrade so far, other than I can't get rid of the screen lock and waking up the phone :(