MDW Presents: Droid X 2.3.13 - The Froyo Upgrade

gammaguy

Reaction score
I think autotek's main issue is the fact that by charging folks $1.99 for access to what's not theirs in the first place it's technically piracy and a felony. The leak is the property of Motorola, not theirs. They're charging everyone $1.99 for technically stolen property. It's no different than buying a bootleg DVD on a street corner.
By giving away what's technically not theirs in the first place, he's making a point.
By all means, donate for Tranquility if you like it. Donating for something that's not theirs is something else entirely.

TheBigBentley

Reaction score
lol cereal. Thanks.

Bxrider: "They" (p3) are totally going overboard with the "donate to me, donate to me" bs. Too many times have we donated for "A BIG RELEASE" for the Droid X and it turns out to be worthless. These deodexed leaks don't run on 6 ppl's phones that I know of, Tranquility "ROM" has so many problems most ppl aren't even bothering with it, (Sad, cuz we, as a group, usually test anything once lol) and plenty more, but the whole time he thinks his "work" is worth money so much that he puts "donate to me donate to me" on EVERYTHING, and now he figured out a way to get another $2.00 out of the community. But now he's in IRC talkin' ****, so u know. Drama. What my man needs, is a job, so I don't have to read: "DONATE DONATE DONATE" and then "Buy my app for $2.00" only to get a picture of a top hat and a "Download Error" LMAO. Good thing I didn't pay for it. Sucks that I obviously know someone who did. :(

I agree. This whole pay me garbage on android is obnoxious. I thought this is a community? A community doesn't charge members of the community for work they do as a hobby. Don't we all contribute something to each others work? Beta testing and feedback is a good example. Any real dev with the right to charge for their work would spend a ton money on testing and take months before releasing a final product worth charging for.

And how can you charge somebody for modifying an OS you didn't code in the first place? Isn't that kinda like stealing? The market is filled with people who nickel and dime you for everything.

Ive made skins for the windows mobile community that i put a lot of time into and never charged anyone, nor did it ever cross my mind to. I did it because I love doing it, and giving back to the community.

This donate crap needs to stop. And while we are at it, lets stop calling it donate! When you donate you have the option of paying. Thats why its called a donation. All over the market you see donate. Holding back feature and calling it a donate version does not hide the fact that you essentially gave out a shareware version and require people to "PAY" for the full version.

Soupy McD

Reaction score
The 'new build' 2.3.15 is also available for download in other sources...where you can de-blur it yourself and add build.props. Paying for this service is like paying for someone to deliver your pizza; either you can do the lazy thing and pay more or you can go to papa murphy's, take it home and bake it yourself, and with the extra 8 dollars you saved enjoy a 6 pack.

ergon

Reaction score
The 'new build' 2.3.15 is also available for download in other sources...where you can de-blur it yourself and add build.props. Paying for this service is like paying for someone to deliver your pizza; either you can do the lazy thing and pay more or you can go to papa murphy's, take it home and bake it yourself, and with the extra 8 dollars you saved enjoy a 6 pack.

One thing you're missing. They didn't MAKE the pizza in the first place. That's the point.