Metamorph question...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What was the MetaMorph that you applied to your GF's phone?... and are you able to pull the framework-res.apk from your GF's phone?...

Then I can take a look and see why it won't display the clokc and 3g icon...most likely it's a broken status bar background .9.png that's causing the issue...

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
What was the MetaMorph that you applied to your GF's phone?... and are you able to pull the framework-res.apk from your GF's phone?...

Then I can take a look and see why it won't display the clokc and 3g icon...most likely it's a broken status bar background .9.png that's causing the issue...

I can link you to which one it was, but my GF is at work at the moment, and I'm leaving soon myself, so I dont have access to her phone right now. heres the link tho - MetaMorph – Notification Bar – Black – droidpirate.com

Most likely, when she gets home tonight, i'm Just gonna flash Fission, and I know she will dig it, shes been interested in custom ROMs, especially since, from the moment i got my phone and found out about them and the other hacks/mods/themeing i could do with my Android Phone, i talk about it a lot lol and am always researching, posting, and playing around with stuff and showing it to her, so now i can finally get her to try it out, and i have an excuse to get her to do it lol i have to do it to fix your phone babe hahaha

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I can link you to which one it was, but my GF is at work at the moment, and I'm leaving soon myself, so I dont have access to her phone right now. heres the link tho - MetaMorph – Notification Bar – Black – droidpirate.com

Most likely, when she gets home tonight, i'm Just gonna flash Fission, and I know she will dig it, shes been interested in custom ROMs, especially since, from the moment i got my phone and found out about them and the other hacks/mods/themeing i could do with my Android Phone, i talk about it a lot lol and am always researching, posting, and playing around with stuff and showing it to her, so now i can finally get her to try it out, and i have an excuse to get her to do it lol i have to do it to fix your phone babe hahaha

I'll replace that MM with the stock png, then you can try reapplying the MM and get it back to stock.
as for the pulldowns staying gray, those are separate pngs and if you did change them and the text was black, she would've cut off your.... acorns...lmao...;)

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lmao....

Sent from the imagination of Uncle B-boy

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score

I'll replace that MM with the stock png, then you can try reapplying the MM and get it back to stock.
as for the pulldowns staying gray, those are separate pngs and if you did change them and the text was black, she would've cut off your.... acorns...lmao...;)

True that bro. Thanks for the help. Another issue I had, which isn't such a big deal, but using MM I changed my battery icon to a cyan colored speedometer looking icon, but then I found a transformers one so I put that over it and now it randomly switches back and forth between the two Evey hour or so lol its weird. But I made a nandroid backup of both my stock froyo rom and one of Rubix when I first installed it, so I can fix it no problem. But I mentioned it because I was assuming it did it because I put one icon over the other. So what's the proper way to change between different MM icons and themes and what not. So I don't cause errors like ya kno. Other then those two issues tho, MM and Droidpirate.com is awesome and everything has worked.

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

True that bro. Thanks for the help. Another issue I had, which isn't such a big deal, but using MM I changed my battery icon to a cyan colored speedometer looking icon, but then I found a transformers one so I put that over it and now it randomly switches back and forth between the two Evey hour or so lol its weird. But I made a nandroid backup of both my stock froyo rom and one of Rubix when I first installed it. But I mentioned it because I was assuming it did it because I put one over the other. So what's the proper way to change between different MM icons and themes and what not.

Your battery issue is likely bue to your ROM having more battery % icons than the MM you applied had...so when you flashed the \MM it replaced only the pngs that were in the MM and left any additional ones in the ROM alone..so if you flashed the MM and it only had 10% increnebts, then all of the 5% increments are still in the ROM and would be called up since the MM did not replace those...

Also, what was your GF's initial status bar color?....

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score

True that bro. Thanks for the help. Another issue I had, which isn't such a big deal, but using MM I changed my battery icon to a cyan colored speedometer looking icon, but then I found a transformers one so I put that over it and now it randomly switches back and forth between the two Evey hour or so lol its weird. But I made a nandroid backup of both my stock froyo rom and one of Rubix when I first installed it. But I mentioned it because I was assuming it did it because I put one over the other. So what's the proper way to change between different MM icons and themes and what not.

Your battery issue is likely bue to your ROM having more battery % icons than the MM you applied had...so when you flashed the \MM it replaced only the pngs that were in the MM and left any additional ones in the ROM alone..so if you flashed the MM and it only had 10% increnebts, then all of the 5% increments are still in the ROM and would be called up since the MM did not replace those...

Also, what was your GF's initial status bar color?....

So then is it ok to just install one MM icon over the other, or is there something I should do before installing the new icon or theme or whatever. They should honestly just make a way to undo what you add with MM, besides restoring a nandroid backup, or sbfing or installing a new ROM. Anyways, it was the stock gray Froyo status bar that was on the phone when you first take it outta the box.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here's how you undo the MM... replace with the stock png...

When you replaced the status bar to black, the clock and 3g icons were probably black, thus you couldn't see it against the black background...I think BBoy mentioned that right... well the stock .9.png is white, so here it is...:)...it's an MM

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also, instead of just using mm get the app zipthemer... it makes a recovery based install (like an update.zip) but it also makes an undo.zip so that you can flash it to get back to your current appearance ....

Sent from the imagination of Uncle B-boy

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
For reference, here's the stock statusbar_background.9.png...

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Word, thanks mbk. Appreciate all the help and patience with my noobness towards MM, so thanks to B-Boy for the app recommendation as well

Last edited:

pcpimp

Reaction score
I have changed all of my notification icons wifi, battery, signal etc.... but I noticed that the original icons show backup at random times but only for a few seconds. Can anyone tell me why ? Or is this normal?