MetaMorph themes for swype

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i tried updateing the MM files to include the microphone but it still places it in the wrong spot,not sure why

Firewing

Reaction score
in northern cali, where the desert and the mountai
I wouldcom.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk love to rock these keyboards, but I am having a problem. I can't find the com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk in my data/ app folder, or anywhere for that matter. I know it is there somewhere as I am using swype beta... I can find the installer apk that is in my xscope downloads folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere, I don't have time right now to read all the posts in this thread...
Cara

foxdog

Reaction score
Its there. I have the beta and its sill called com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk if you are using root explorer, try searching with it it should come up. If you are good with terminal emulator you could use it to move.

First type
su
To get permission, then mount system read/write
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
Now to move it renaming in the process
mv /data/app/com.swype.android.inputmethod*.apk /system/app/swype.apk
After that
sync
And
reboot
And you should be good to go :)

Firewing

Reaction score
Ok when I search for the com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk in root explorer I get no results...when I type in line to make the file rw I get "can't find rw in /prop/mounts"...what is going on? I am typing this with swype
Cara

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

foxdog

Reaction score
Terminal stuff can be a pain. You hafta type everything just right, vase sensitive. What phone you have?

Firewing

Reaction score
Ok here are some screen shots of my data/app folder as you can see no swype apk, and my data/data/app folder as you can see just a folder no apk
Cara

b80822bc-0bda-f9fc.jpg
b80822bc-0c00-2866.jpg
b80822bc-0c20-1727.jpg

foxdog

Reaction score
Your going to tell me this only works on the x huh?

No lol. I have a d1 also. You should check and make sure you have enuf room in system/ for swype. It is 10 mb large and... Hang on, I have an idea

foxdog

Reaction score
Theses an app in the market called scripter (its free) http://market.android.com/search?q=pname:com.faziklogic.scripter it will let you scan a qr code and run the script that it contains. It is what I use with my friends to exchange scrips and whatnot. Here its the qr code that has the commands I was talking about before but you need a pc or a way to scan it with your camera via the app to run it. Once it runs successful, you need to reboot and apply the theme via metamorph.