Moto 360 waiting area

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thread hijack
Is anyone here old enough to remember when LG was Lucky Goldstar and everything they sold was essentially crud.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thread hijack
Is anyone here old enough to remember when LG was Lucky Goldstar and everything they sold was essentially crud.
Yep, I remember Goldstar. Cheap electronics that didn't last very long.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's a different story these days, I use to never be a fan of LG until I got my hands on the G2. It's been a solid device. Sure it's plastic, but so are it's competitors (minus the One). LG has come a long way and has definitely upped their game in recent years.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I earned my nerd badge today. I jumped on the early link to buy the Moto360 at 11am EST and put the watch in my shopping cart and placed the order all the way to the point of confirmation. I got a hold of the link to check the BB inventory. When called my local BBs directly and saw that I couldn't pick it up today I went back to my shopping cart at Motorola and completed the sale.

Everyplace is sold out right now except for the black band version directly from Moto, which is showing "back order" right now.

Can't wait to get mine. Take Kellex's from DroidLife advice regarding extending battery life.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/0...2014/09/08/thoughts-on-moto-360-battery-life/

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Don't throw stones at me, but I kinda really like the G Watch R...(takes cover)

Actually, I like it too. I consider it a more sporty alternative to the 360. I'm just a little disappointed when it was confirmed the surrounding numbers are permanent. The original teaser video seemed to indicate they may have been part of the screen. But I guess I could get use to it. The bottom bar are the 360 never bothered me.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I appreciate that it looks very much like a nice watch until you get notifications or use the screen. Almost camouflage.

on the move..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm waiting for the hype to fizzle, then I'll buy it.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
For people that may be concerned about battery life, changing a few settings appears to greatly extend it.

Here's a link by an owner who is performing a fairly extensive daily usage report on battery life. Very interesting.

Summary seems to be that with Auto-ON and allowing any and all notifications, drastically increases battery drain, so ~13 hours use.
With Auto-OFF and controlled notifications they appear to be averaging ~20 hours.
I obviously cannot attest to the legitimacy of the post.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bVrBTsuIHeueh6alT3NlgxCWks/edit#gid=735779864

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine is getting delivered today. Moto emailed me that it was shipped on Wednesday. However, I've decided to sell it on ebay. These things are going for aroudn $400. Quick way to make a profit and then I'll order again later.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
List for $300 and it will skyrocket. Stupid fleabay fees though

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
List for $300 and it will skyrocket. Stupid fleabay fees though
Yep after I listed it I checked how much it would be in fees if I sold it for $450. $45!?!? 10% now? I ended the listing.

After fees and shipping I would have made about $122 assuming it even went for $450. Not worth it. So I will be opening this bad boy up and using it!

MailboxHead

Reaction score
So mine just came, and it's just so spiffy! I'm shocked at how light it is and how good it feels on my wrist. I think I stopped wearing my old watch b/c it was heavy and bothered me when I was typing, but so far so good with this one.