My Droid3 is subsidy locked. Any way around this?

So I have heard. On a side note, if unlocking does not work, is there any other thing I can try? Can I root it and reprogram it completely, for example? Or does it turn into a paperweight?
If incorrect sim code is entered too many times, it will still work on verizon and wifi, will not effect rooting

If too many failed attempts, there will no longer be a box to enter code.

So I have heard. On a side note, if unlocking does not work, is there any other thing I can try? Can I root it and reprogram it completely, for example? Or does it turn into a paperweight?
If you have not all ready phone should be completely stock, if it was rooted, factory reset may not be enough, and stock should be reflashed, using rsd lite

I did try a 1-Click SFB. That returns it to stock, right? Still comes up "Subsidy Locked." :( Also, I did try the actual SIM PIN, "1111," but that was a dead end as well. On the SIM card there is one other PIN and two PUK numbers, should I try those, just to be sure?

I did try a 1-Click SFB. That returns it to stock, right?
there is 2 different versions, what system version is on phone now?
Still comes up "Subsidy Locked." :( Also, I did try the actual SIM PIN, "1111," but that was a dead end as well. On the SIM card there is one other PIN and two PUK numbers, should I try those, just to be sure?
no not if it "Subsidy Locked."

Well, I did manage to talk to a nice guy at Verizon, who gave me an unlock code, which was the same as one of the codes that I bought from cellfservices (who gave me a refund, which was cool). I read somewhere that, once the phone's gotten to subsidy lock, you have to let it sit eight hours before trying again? In what state? I have no idea. Trying different things, else I'll send it back to the US with my MIL.

Back