Need a few adventurous souls to test ApeX 1.3.1

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the error says /system/xbin/overclock.sh: cannot create/dev/nul: permission denied
Error: Busybox not found

I dont get that. Just says DX oc is not compatible with my device

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I want to flash it, but do I need to mount system or anything? I really want to flash this lmao.

Im not quite sure how to take you lol. Are you skeptical? Cus its a DX rom? If so dont be, it works great on D2

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Yeah, so I guess I forgot that the overclocking script has a check at the beginning for Droid X. I'll remove that, as well as just switch back to the old module that worked fine in 1.0.2.5

I'm about over my hangover so I'll get to that in a little bit ;)

Also, the T9 predictive dialer works? Contacts are fine, right?

Last edited:

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, so I guess I forgot that the overclocking script has a check at the beginning for Droid X. I'll remove that, as well as just switch back to the old module that worked fine in 1.0.2.5

I'm about over my hangover so I'll get to that in a little bit ;)

Also, the T9 predictive dialer works? Contacts are fine, right?

Honestly Fab, this thing is flawless. I havent found nothin wrong with it, oh except swype but you got that :) I had to get the swype apk and the lib file out or it stopped workin everytime i rebooted after puttin the other one in. It would be cool if that themed swyped worked for the D2. Its good though man, nice work :D And one more thing on a personal note, lol. Why add the friend status thing but not the status update one? Might as well put both the socialnetwork blur widgets in lol

microsnook

Reaction score
So should I flash this rom over the GummyJAR rom?

I mean im stable, but its nothing special.

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So should I flash this rom over the GummyJAR rom?

I mean im stable, but its nothing special.

My opinion man, this is Gummyjar plus blur. Its fast and smooth, and looks and feels like it. Its a very nice rom. And since I figured out how to utilize blur :D Im all about the social widgets. You wont be disappointed with this coming from gummyjar, which is an amazing rom :)

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Oh yeah, forgot about Swype too.

Ok, I'll just have to use the same little workaround as before. As for the social networking stuff, I mainly just left it in so that Facebook syncing worked, though I guess I should put the status updating widget back in too, huh?

That's not too difficult :p

microsnook

Reaction score
So with the blur, I will be able to "link" my contacts and such, right?

That is one thing that I did like about blur! How all my contacts were linked w/ facebook and everything else.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com

That is one thing that I did like about blur! How all my contacts were linked w/ facebook and everything else.

Yep!

It's always fun to get an incoming call from a buddy and have their latest Facebook status right there ;)

microsnook

Reaction score

Yep!

It's always fun to get an incoming call from a buddy and have their latest Facebook status right there ;)

Right on Fab!
I think this is what Im looking for then... I really liked being able to link all of my people together! Thats the only thing Ive seen that is beneficial from Blur.

Im getting the zip all set up lol

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot about Swype too.

Ok, I'll just have to use the same little workaround as before. As for the social networking stuff, I mainly just left it in so that Facebook syncing worked, though I guess I should put the status updating widget back in too, huh?

That's not too difficult :p

Yea, I did before I even flashed it. I also put swype in and it worked fine.

microsnook

Reaction score
I looked around in /system and I dont know how to theme this lol.

I wanted to theme the phone/contacts but I couldnt even find where they are. Are they called something different or what?

microsnook

Reaction score
BlurPhone and BlurContacts, I believe.

If you come up with a nice GB theme, don't be shy to share :)

Also, there's a nice GB themed phone app here:

[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10) - Page 19 - Android Forums

Duh...

Thank you lol, Ill take a look!

Also, this rom includes parts of the blur just to add more social network type stuff. I was wondering if this could be done with any rom?
Is it as simple as including the apks in the /system or is there more to it than that?

THanks

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Ok, can someone try these overclocking files? I've updated the script so that it shouldn't check for a DX system, as well as removed all mods to use the new module for DX .340.

Download the attached .zip file and place the two files in it on to your sdcard:

In terminal:

Code:
su
sys -rw
cp /sdcard/overclock.ko /system/lib/modules
cp /sdcard/overclock.sh /system/xbin
chmod 644 /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko
chmod 755 /system/xbin/overclock.sh
sys -ro

overclock

and let me know how that runs, thanks!