New Froyo Kernels - By Slayher

JoelWRX

Reaction score
I am going to post this in case someone hasn't seen it. But a guy named Slayher came out with some new Kernel's for CM6. I have tested them and they work with Sapphire 1.0.0.

These Kernel's bring a new governor called 'Interactive' which works REALLY well. Wifi, TUN, IPv6, and Compcache are all supported in this kernel. I highly suggest you all give it a try.

Read all about it here:
Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

shocka2430

Reaction score
How long you been running one? Just wanting to check the battery life and temp. difference.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mjones73

Reaction score
In case you didn't know, the latest cvpcs kernels have interactive also.

Let us know how they compare though, slayher is a pretty decent guy over in the CM side of things.

Last edited:
OP
J

JoelWRX

Reaction score
Yes I saw he had similar kernels, I was posting this as an alternative with different scaling options. Temps on the 1GHz kernel for me are from 71 degrees to 86 durning my usage on the phone. That is from the tempmonitor.

Running for one day now.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Random reboots on the 900 LV kernel. no thanks.
+1
on all of them...reboots.
Just my phone though..P3 and bekit kernels have the same result :(
Only Chevy's work well on my phone for some reason.

racketier

Reaction score
Random reboots on the 900 LV kernel. no thanks.
+1
on all of them...reboots.
Just my phone though..P3 and bekit kernels have the same result :(
Only Chevy's work well on my phone for some reason.

I tried going from chevy to a couple different slayher kernels and they kept making my phone reboot as well. I cleared data/cache and reinstalled the sapphire rom and now the kernels are working great for me.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I am going to post this in case someone hasn't seen it. But a guy named Slayher came out with some new Kernel's for CM6. I have tested them and they work with Sapphire 1.0.0.

These Kernel's bring a new governor called 'Interactive' which works REALLY well. Wifi, TUN, IPv6, and Compcache are all supported in this kernel. I highly suggest you all give it a try.

Read all about it here:
Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

Thanks for posting - always good to have alternates if needed. Although my phone has never run better since switching to Sapphire 1.0 and the stock kernel. But, you never know these may come in handy in the future ...

mightybrick

Reaction score
I'm sorry for being somewhat off topic, but I was wondering if someone could explain the scaling differences between ondemand and interactive :)
See the link in the first post. It explains the interactive governor.