New MIUI Posted on Site "MIUI ROM 0.10.15"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed over

SS4.8 backbone

v3.999

then just flashed v4 this morning w/o wiping and didnt get a bootloop.

Havent had time to play yet. If I get issues, I will wipe and reinstall v4.

EDIT: Wiped dalvik cache cause launcher seemed laggy, bootlooped. Wiped data and cache, did a fresh install of v4...boot loop...still bootlooping as of now. restoring my 3.999 with ss4.8 backbone...it was much better.

Last edited:
anyone else getting the same issue and/or have v.4 working? I'm backing up as i type, and am getting ready to run over MIUI v.2 from back in the day.

anyone else getting the same issue and/or have v.4 working? I'm backing up as i type, and am getting ready to run over MIUI v.2 from back in the day.

I installed 3.9999 over 3.2 and then version 4 over 3.9999 all without wiping. No issues with either, but have only been on 4 for a couple of hours.

I had mine running earlier, but like I said, the launcher was not as smooth when swiping to homescreens, so I cleared dalvik cache in terminal...and changed the vm heap back to 32 (which is what it was in 3.999), and rebooted...then it bootlooped.

After this happened, I went into recovery, wiped data and cache 3 x each...flashed the v4 from a fresh slate....Bootloop. Pulled battery, wiped again, formatted everything that needs it in partitions menu...flashed again...boot loop.

Said screw it and restored my 3.999 over ss4.8...and Im flyin again. Will wait for the new list of bugs before I decide to try and install it again.

Yep installed v4 over the 3.999 and no problem, then did a clean install of v4 and it just boot loops, restored my 3.999 save and good again. Seems to be an issue with clean install of v4 and boot loops.

Also in 3.999 I have the Accounts and Sync showing up in settings, after installing v4 over the top its now gone.

Yep installed v4 over the 3.999 and no problem, then did a clean install of v4 and it just boot loops, restored my 3.999 save and good again. Seems to be an issue with clean install of v4 and boot loops.

Also in 3.999 I have the Accounts and Sync showing up in settings, after installing v4 over the top its now gone.

I still have Accounts and sync after installing v4 over 3.999.

Did you install anything else other than 3.999? I'm going to try it again in a few..

-- Update --

Just re-installed v4 over the v3.999 fresh install I had saved and Accounts and Sync under settings is missing again.

Last edited:

Did you install anything else other than 3.999? I'm going to try it again in a few..

-- Update --

Just re-installed v4 over the v3.999 fresh install I had saved and Accounts and Sync under settings is missing again.

Here is what worked for me.

Go download the file fresh "3.999 mod2" Wipe data and cache, install this lean version of 3.999.

Then reboot.

Then shut down...and flash the v4 directly on top of it.

Reboot.

Then just go back and set everything back up manually. Thats what I have done this morning. YEs it is time consuming, but so far Im running pretty smooth.

Going to install chevy lv kernel in a sec. Want to finish installing all my apps from the market first.

-- Update --

I have not installed anything else. My history over the last couple of weeks is as follows:

UD8>Zenito Miui>D1 Miui 3.2>D1 Miui Hybrid>D1 Miui 3.2>D1 Miui 3.9999>D1 Miui 4.

The only time I wiped was going from UD to Zenito. I also installed the upgrade modded version of 3.9999 found below, not just beta version on the D1 downloads page:

D1-MIUI-0.10.15-v3.999-Mod.zip - d1-miui-lean - » For Upgrading - Project Hosting on Google Code

I believe this version fixed the Accounts and Sync issue.

Yakitori - Yea flashing different versions of 3.999 just to get the account sync settings to show up is a bit much for me, I'll wait it out.

Pearlmikejam - Yea clean install v3.999 to v4 is what makes the sync settings disappear. Going the route you did most likely would keep them.

Other than the Sync settings not showing up, I'm running just fine so leaving as is for now.

-- Update --

I have not installed anything else. My history over the last couple of weeks is as follows:

UD8>Zenito Miui>D1 Miui 3.2>D1 Miui Hybrid>D1 Miui 3.2>D1 Miui 3.9999>D1 Miui 4.

The only time I wiped was going from UD to Zenito. I also installed the upgrade modded version of 3.9999 found below, not just beta version on the D1 downloads page:

D1-MIUI-0.10.15-v3.999-Mod.zip - d1-miui-lean - » For Upgrading - Project Hosting on Google Code

I believe this version fixed the Accounts and Sync issue.

yes...So did you wipe everything, then install the v3.999 mod2 .zip here on the forum? Its the fresh install one.

Wipe your phone...install that from scratch, reboot, then move v4 to your sd card, boot to recovery, flash v4, reboot your phone....set everything up again.

I did a complete wipe and installed SS 4.8 -> MIUI 0.10.15.

Google Services Framework FC'd on me when inputting my google account, and then had some issues, but it's now working again. HOWEVER, the messaging program will not let me send any text messages. I can't confirm that I can recieve them either at this point because no one has texted me (im not popular enough :/ ) lol

Anybody else having this issue?

I installed everything over...did it right...it worked. Same problems persist in v4 as 3.999

I wiped, installed v3.999 mod2

rebooted, then flashed v4....rebooted....worked fine...set everything up manually instead of using a restore apps like TI. I just did it the long way from the market.

After setting everything up...the homescreens seemed laggy (unlike 3.999)

Issues still exist with facebook syncing.

Example. I dl facebook for android from market clean. When setting it up...it doesnt even ask if I would like to sync with contacts..all..or no sync. Its also not an option in settings within the facebook app.

So...I go to accounts and sync...I click on add account...I click on fb account....it sends me directly back to the accounts and sync front page....will not allow me to add fb account at all.

Problems will probably still exist with contacts that have been sync'd (if you got your fb account to sync in the first place before installing v4)

In my honest opinion, if your phone is running fine with v3.999 (which mine was), then there is not added benefit to flashing v4....just stay with what you have. You will save yourself some time.

Google Services Framework FC'd on me when inputting my google account, and then had some issues, but it's now working again. HOWEVER, the messaging program will not let me send any text messages. I can't confirm that I can recieve them either at this point because no one has texted me (im not popular enough :/ ) lol

dont install over ss4.8. Wipe and install 3.999 mod2, then flash v4

the newer miui roms do not need a previous rom backbone. They are standalone.

dont install over ss4.8. Wipe and install 3.999 mod2, then flash v4

the newer miui roms do not need a previous rom backbone. They are standalone.

Roger that. Will do.

BTW: Energy Drinks are amazing when you have a cold.
1.5mg of b12 (thats 25,000% of your DV) and 300mg of caffeine...can you say WIRED?!?:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back