Notifications are not loud enough..

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
YES! Johnny Carson as Carnac the Magnificent. Best psychic ever.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Did I not see a temporary "fix" for the low volume on notifications? I thought it would be here, but now I'm wondering if I imagined it.... If it exists, would someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!
PS Thanks to all who have served and continue to serve this great country. Happy Veterans Day!

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Did I not see a temporary "fix" for the low volume on notifications? I thought it would be here, but now I'm wondering if I imagined it.... If it exists, would someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!
PS Thanks to all who have served and continue to serve this great country. Happy Veterans Day!

Open the Device Help app and go to Fix > Hardware Test > Speakers. Run the test and the volume will be low so select NO and run the test again. The volume will then be normal so select YES. It kind of messes with some stuff. The volume rocker will now be controlling the in call volume, not the ringer volume. It can be undone with a reboot, and then can be done again as often as needed. Hope this helps.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Open the Device Help app and go to Fix > Hardware Test > Speakers. Run the test and the volume will be low so select NO and run the test again. The volume will then be normal so select YES. It kind of messes with some stuff. The volume rocker will now be controlling the in call volume, not the ringer volume. It can be undone with a reboot, and then can be done again as often as needed. Hope this helps.
Ah, thank you! I knew I read that somewhere, but didn't save it because I'm always keeping my phone on vibrate or turned down low so it didn't matter or apply to me. Now that I turned it up & realized I had the same issue as y'all, it's been bugging me. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Holy Hannah! I had no idea my volume was that low maxed out, until I did that little temporary fix. I had no idea my notifications cut be that loud lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6

I tried this for everything, and it's all good except for the headset. That one is still very low. I'll check again using my bluetooth headset.:(

UPDATE: Bluetooth headset works great. Almost blew out my eardrums.:p

Last edited:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I fear that the Update also Affected the Volume on the JBL Speaker mod. I really wish it was at least as Loud as my Anker Ring Case Size BT Speaker.

Reaction score
I seem to always miss my text sound because I am in a noisy area. I set a reminder, 50 times in 2 minute increments utilizing Textra as my app for texting.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I seem to always miss my text sound because I am in a noisy area. I set a reminder, 50 times in 2 minute increments utilizing Textra as my app for texting.

Textra is a great app, but since switching to Verizon, i use Message+. For me, it just works better.:p

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Textra is a great app, but since switching to Verizon, i use Message+. For me, it just works better.:p
I like Message + also, one of the few Verizon apps that I think is actually good. I like that I can set it up on my tablet and send & receive texts via WiFi on it also. Not too shabby Verizon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Message+ is the app that got me away from Textra. You can check all your msgs on your My Verizon website.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Message+ is the app that got me away from Textra. You can check all your msgs on your My Verizon website.
True, forgot about that nifty feature also.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk