Notifications are not loud enough..

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I was just going to post the same information. You beat me to it Sajo.

Sent from my Moto Z Force Droid using Tapatalk.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Wow, i sure hope that they get it done soon. I'm jumping to TMo in about a year.:rolleyes::p

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Quick unrelated question related to volume. In the new Marshmallow for the Droid Turbo. The volume controls for Ringtone and Notifications are locked together. Is that the case in the "Z" family too?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Quick unrelated question related to volume. In the new Marshmallow for the Droid Turbo. The volume controls for Ringtone and Notifications are locked together. Is that the case in the "Z" family too?
I believe so, they look like this.

0351645a2fe5476508357028c04da90d.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about under main Settings>Sound & Notification> the volume sliders there for Ring volume and Notification are locked together.

With Lollipop I had my notifications slightly lower than my ringtone.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm talking about under main Settings>Sound & Notification> the volume sliders there for Ring volume and Notification are locked together.

With Lollipop I had my notifications slightly lower than my ringtone.
Same 3 options there as in the screenshot.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation. Guess it's just an "improvement" for the future.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the confirmation. Guess it's just an "improvement" for the future.

I think it was just a change that Google made in Marshmallow, and is keeping it that way in Nougat.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Just my two cents worth, but i'm really getting annoyed with new "high end" (high money) phones which are rushed out to the public, without proper and complete testing, in order to beat the competition to a magical deadline. Even Apple(which i don't care about) got caught up in it with their iPhone 7, which has it's own problems. Is there a brand out there that people can trust? I'm truly fed up.:(:(:(

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just my two cents worth, but i'm really getting annoyed with new "high end" (high money) phones which are rushed out to the public, without proper and complete testing, in order to beat the competition to a magical deadline. Even Apple(which i don't care about) got caught up in it with their iPhone 7, which has it's own problems. Is there a brand out there that people can trust? I'm truly fed up.:(:(:(
Every new phone seems to have its own quirks and issues for a while until the manufacturer can work it out, or the next version of Android fixes OS bugs. It seems to be the nature of the beast in this modern world. The only thing I can think of is not buy new phones until they have had time to work all the bugs out, and then stick with that phone until it dies. I still have not noticed the notification problem on my Z Force. Not saying it's not there, just that I personally have not noticed it. Every new message plays a nice loud tone, unless I am on silent / vibrate.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Every new phone seems to have its own quirks and issues for a while until the manufacturer can work it out, or the next version of Android fixes OS bugs. It seems to be the nature of the beast in this modern world. The only thing I can think of is not buy new phones until they have had time to work all the bugs out, and then stick with that phone until it dies. I still have not noticed the notification problem on my Z Force. Not saying it's not there, just that I personally have not noticed it. Every new message plays a nice loud tone, unless I am on silent / vibrate.

You are just lucky. Since day one, i've never had one problem with my Nexus 6P. Except for my Moto Razr, i've never had a phone without any problems. As much as i like the Moto Z Force Droid, i'm dumping it if they don't get their act together.:mad:

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Considering the price of new phones, every new release should be checked and rechecked. Every new security patch(just by the virtue of it's name), should be checked and rechecked. How could a "security patch" make things worse? Some bozo at Samsung had a great money saving idea. They used cheaper batteries, or cheaper charging cords, and look what happened to the Note line. What's going on, in the cell phone market, is intolerable. Technology is in second place, and MONEY rules. It's all about the "bottom line". It's time for consumers to wake up, and send a message to the manufacturers. Don't buy the next "latest and greatest". Keep your phones for at least two years. That would stop them from coming out with a new phone every year. It's the same old story....money talks, and b******t walks. Hurt them in the pocketbook, and then they'll listen.;)

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score

@ sajo. My Moto Z force runs fine like yours too and I still love it...

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
My z force notification volume levels were just fine until the SEP 1st security update. Since then, they are rather quiet. The only boost they get is if I have my JBL speaker mod attached.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My z force notification volume levels were just fine until the SEP 1st security update. Since then, they are rather quiet. The only boost they get is if I have my JBL speaker mod attached.

That may be the issue and the reason why some folks are not complaining about the volume. Maybe phones purchased after that update were not affected? Just a guess. At least Moto has acknowledged a fix in the works and an update sometime soon.

As you have seen, let the Moto bashing commence on their forum.