OG Droid to Galaxy Nexus: Motorola Droid Appreciation Thread

Briankbl

Reaction score
The time has come. The Motorola Droid has been a faithful companion and I have been in love with it since day 1. With the Nexus launching tomorrow, I know a lot of us will be upgrading from the OG. This is a topic to say your goodbyes and to share your love and appreciation for the original. The beast. The Motorola Droid.

Sent using common sense.

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Oh yah! My OG is still going strong, looks almost new but is not as capable as newer phones in speed and capacity. The Nexus will be his Big Brother. My OG will still see service on my WiFi but will stay home while me and Nexus are out and about. The OG is a great device and historic in the cellular world. dancedroid

alienware777

Reaction score
Goodnight, Sweet Prince. You've served me faithfully over the past two years, but time has come for goodbyes :sad:

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
The infamous iDon't commercial

[video=youtube;e52TSXwj774]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e52TSXwj774&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Sent using common sense.

msheldon

Reaction score
At the very least, I'll be keeping mine as a spare. Might do the alarm clock thing too.

I may also use it when I'm camping, rather than risking the Nexus.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Went from D1 to D2 when D1 died and VZW didn't have any more D1s...missed my D1 a lot, so glad to be coming back to an unlocked phone. My only concern (which I hope to resolve tomorrow AM) is the size of the Nexus. I'm 6'2", relatively large hands, so I think it'll be OK, but man, it looks like such a beast in pictures!

Panther1911

Reaction score
i will miss my OG, but will love my nexus dancedroid

Last edited:

PrISM

Reaction score
The commercial that got me hooked:

[video=youtube;o9fXYQjwR0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9fXYQjwR0w[/video]

[video=youtube;w83UQkiuNZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w83UQkiuNZQ[/video]

Last edited:

Muddobbers

Reaction score
I got my D1 on November 9th, and it has served me faithfully, and happily, up until a few weeks ago when the the touch sensor decided to start bombing out and randomly press buttons for me. I will try to get a Nexus today, and I will retire the droid. I will miss it :frown:

Disdroid

Reaction score
The original D1 was has been my wifes work phone, just ordered her a GN. Does this mean I should root it finally to see what all the fun is about?

natezire71

Reaction score
I'll miss you OG. You were always there for me. Even if you rebooted on your own, couldn't handle Google Maps and weren't the fastest phone on the block. I cared. :)

I'm borderline thinking about framing my OG Droid. For nostalgia.