OG Droid to Galaxy Nexus: Motorola Droid Appreciation Thread

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Well..... I'm very happy that the Nexus has been released. My OGD is still going; but not as strong as she once was. She's got some dings and some dents but has always served me without question and without failure. Root helped make it the best it could be and helped keep her current as well. Since the OGD had an unlocked boot loader; it was ready and willing to be pushed faster and faster which helped keep it in my hands as the dozens of "new" phones came out. Customization was key here; making my OGD feel like an extension of me and who I am to the point of " This is my Droid; there are many like it but this one is mine" sort of thing. As the 4G LTE phones started to surface, it was as if my OGD could sense a change in the wind and it started to be just a bit less reliable and just a bit less current. You could clearly see that it's time on top was coming to an end. While the Nexus is released and my OGD needs to be re-flashed every month or so as it just likes to lock up on me; it could not be at a worse time. Since it is the Holiday season and I have yet to complete my Gift buying; my once trusty OGD will need to limp along and attempt to keep pace just a while longer. I realize that I am asking a lot from it and I will continue to use the phone in some way or another once I replace it.... nay; not replace..... cannot replace the OGD, more like substitute with the Nexus. Not to say the Nexus pales in comparison; more like a "bird of a different feather". So please OGD; please last just a bit longer, I promise you shall be taken care of in retirement.

spruce_rd

Reaction score
I can't recall how many times I dropped (and sometimes kicked it in the process) my OGD, still going. Learned how to root, re-root, re-re-root.
OGD will be missed.

nleksan

Reaction score
My OG has been one heck of a phone. I've gone through three cases, but she doesn't have a scratch on her!

How many of you will believe that it still has the EXACT SAME screen protector that was put on it Day 1? WITHOUT any bubbles, scratches, or tears!

Better yet...
My OG still has the Manufacturer's Sticker on the back, over the battery cover!!!

That is how much I've loved my droid :)

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Went from D1 to D2 when D1 died and VZW didn't have any more D1s...missed my D1 a lot, so glad to be coming back to an unlocked phone. My only concern (which I hope to resolve tomorrow AM) is the size of the Nexus. I'm 6'2", relatively large hands, so I think it'll be OK, but man, it looks like such a beast in pictures!

I'm 5'10" and it felt great in my hands.

phishn

Reaction score
I was thinking today that I'm going to miss my Droid. It's been solid but I believe my transmitters/receivers are starting to go. Issues with 3g, bluetooth, wifi recently have been quite the annoyance.

The other issue has been multitasking issues but that's because all the applications require more resources now

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
The final hrs with my OG, oh how its been a good phone but her time has came and went and in 2.5hrs she will be gone for good.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ModestMuse

Reaction score
I feel like there's a lot of people here that seem to get every phone when it comes out D1, DX, DX2, D-Bionic, etc. For all of us that waited it out with our OG, this is such a HUGE upgrade!!

500mhz to (2) 1.2ghz processors
512mb to 32gb of internal app storage
3.7" to 4.65" display
256mb to 1gb of memory

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

CASHMON3Y

Reaction score
I feel like there's a lot of people here that seem to get every phone when it comes out D1, DX, DX2, D-Bionic, etc. For all of us that waited it out with our OG, this is such a HUGE upgrade!!

500mhz to (2) 1.2ghz processors
512mb to 32gb of internal app storage
3.7" to 4.65" display
256mb to 1gb of memory

Forgot LTE, ICS and the much higher pixel density! Im so excited!!

xxpigxx

Reaction score
This one is for you, my faithful companion:

[video=youtube;JWhXyNL74yI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWhXyNL74yI[/video]