otterbox defender

nerdalert

Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten a defender for the Maxx yet? I bought one and it does not snap into the holster firmly. I thought it was defective so they sent me another one and it is the exact same way. I believe it is a design flaw, the defender for my Droid X was perfect...

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had the defender for my Droid X as well and loved it. I also bought it when I got my Charge and am not as happy with it. Your right it does not latch as well. I just ordered one for the Maxx and I am hoping it works okay but your not giving me comfort it will. :/

OP
nerdalert

nerdalert

Reaction score
I just got an email from otterbox, I guess they are going to send me one more to try.. I will say that their customer service is top notch!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I just got an email from otterbox, I guess they are going to send me one more to try.. I will say that their customer service is top notch!

I don't have a Maxx to comment on the actual case but I do agree with their customer service being top notch. I had issues with the case for the Droid 1 and they were always extremely fast to replace or whatever was needed to be done.

SEColwell

Reaction score
I have a maxx and an otterbox defender and no issues with it at all

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

DroidXDawg

Reaction score
I've got the Otterbox and like it alright. It works well and fits the holster...I had a seidio with my x and liked it better, just waiting for seidio to make 1 for my Maxx

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

Muteki

Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten a defender for the Maxx yet? I bought one and it does not snap into the holster firmly. I thought it was defective so they sent me another one and it is the exact same way. I believe it is a design flaw, the defender for my Droid X was perfect...

Just ordered mine from Ebay 31.00 I think Ill get my phone before the case lol

Nizmoz

Reaction score
I have a new defender with my maxx and it's good. I only removed the screen protector because it looked like crap and made the screen not look good.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

MrTommy

Reaction score
And I got an Otterbox too

I got an Otterbox for my Maxx, and it fits fine. Only problem I had was, no instructions on how to install the phone in it. Well, that's not entirely true. The instructions were packed inside the Otterbox, which I could not get open. I did a search on YouTube and found a vid showing exactly how to do it.

Once installed, I LOVE it! Of course, if you bought your Razr because you liked the slim, svelt, extremely thin design, you can forget THAT! It's no longer sleek, but it's probably impervious to just about any damage - and that's what I wanted. :yeahbaby01:

IhaveNoname

Reaction score
I had a little trouble with it at first. Found that I did not get the front lip all the way into the groove around the hard case. Once I got that, it fits fine.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I got the defender case for my maxx today and it seems to be snug in the holster to me. Almost hard to get out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

VillageIdiot6710

Reaction score
I've the the Maxx and Otterbox Defender as well... love it! The first day I wasnt sure but then I realized that I didn't have the hard shell snapped all the way together. Once I snapped them all the way together, it was perfect. I also have to say that Otterbox's Customer Service is DEFINITELY top notch. I broke the belt clips off 2 belt clips for my Thunderbolt and they sent out replacements very quickly. Can't beat it!

cece5702

Reaction score
Would be nice if someone could post pictures of the defender and the commuter to compare because I don't know the difference between the too. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX