otterbox defender

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
OK I just got if off Amazon dot comb and wow does it protect the phone. It pops in and out of the belt clip fairly easily but I have to use two hands and actually look at the case. With practice it might get easier. I am thinking about removing the screen protector it does scratch and gives the screen a sparkle like appearance.

The SP is the only thing I don't like about the defender. I always remove it and use whatever one I decide to.

steeveegee

Reaction score
got one today
i had one on my dx and loved it
the only issue i have is getting it off
its pretty damn hard to remove
am i doing something wrong? does anyone else have the same issue?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Check out the video on YouTube it shows the trick to getting it apart. Yeah it is pain.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Very hard to open. I found using the tip of a letter opener works well to push the tabs in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Now that I've had for a few days. I do like, remove the screen protector the material used is almost completely the wrong stuff. It scratches and makes the screen sparkle. I really like the hand feel, yeah it's big but I got big gravel hooks. It snaps in and out of the holster best with an abrupt authority. Slide it into the two hooks snap it forward. Like a golf stroke better when not over thought.
Now for the bad. It won't work with any of my docks and others have said it's a (bad word) to remove! One plus is it sits on the car seat where I can't see it. Forces me to use Bluetooth.

Naw I'm going back to the old basket weave it works, hardly adds any bulk and slips into and out of my pockets, while the Defender gets stuck and
collects lint like a, uh, er, lint magnet!
It's also not fussy about coming out of the holster or when you slip it in, one handed blind no problem.

Last edited:

quit_killin_me

Reaction score
Kickstand doesn't really work on mine. It falls over when vertical, and horizontally it is straight up and down. No biggie for me. Screen protector sucks! :frown: Otherwise I love the case...

I had a Seidio car dock with there case and extended battery for the MotoDroid, I drilled a small hole in the car dock "mount" and modded the Otterbox holster, now the holster is mounted to the Seidio suction device by a single screw so my RAZR has a perfect place to ride. dancedroid

ultra09hd

Reaction score
Kickstand doesn't really work on mine. It falls over when vertical, and horizontally it is straight up and down. No biggie for me. Screen protector sucks! :frown: Otherwise I love the case...

I had a Seidio car dock with there case and extended battery for the MotoDroid, I drilled a small hole in the car dock "mount" and modded the Otterbox holster, now the holster is mounted to the Seidio suction device by a single screw so my RAZR has a perfect place to ride. dancedroid

Yer doing it wrong ...wiff phone upright, turn clip upside down. Open and lock clip open, lay phone flat down on back of clip. It just gives it a angled view.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Actually you're doing it wrong, it's supposed to be on it's side. I'll attach photos later.

aeea03bb-cde6-6eeb.jpg

There is a trick to it move the belt clip one notch downward it's more stable.:D

Last edited:

ultra09hd

Reaction score
Im only showing how the 'stand' should be...turn the holster how you want!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Move clip down a notch?

Yeah, rotate it down one notch. when the phone is horizontal it stands a bit more upright.
Check out the pic you'll see the clip is not parallel to the case.

aeea03bb-ee00-b05c.jpg

Last edited:

kbrake

Reaction score
I just got one and it don't fit my phone. The box says it is right but it don't fit. I can't snap it together with the phone in it.