Photo gallery

Mogusholly

Reaction score
In photo gallery, under "Folders" I somehow have a folder labeled "httpfilecache". In it are 6 photos, which when I try to view them are shown in a very, very small version (smaller than any thumbnail size). How can I get those photos back into my "Camera" folder? Any ideas.

Last edited:

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello, have you tried downloading an app such as "ASTRO file manager"? with ASTRO you can find the folder by looking in through the folders on SD Card and once you locate the folder just click on it and then there is a setting in ASTRO that is "select multi" it has a lil piece of paper with gree checks on it as a symbol. Once the files are selected just click "move" which allows you to move the files from one folder to another. Once your able to move the files go back to the folders on the sdcard and find the folder labled "DCIM". The DCIM folder is the camera folder. OPen up the DCIM folder and inside will be a sub-folder labled "Camera". Click on that folder folder and once it has opened up click the paste button and the files will be placed in that folder.

Hope this can you out

OP
M

Mogusholly

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion. I'll give it try to see if I can make it work. I appreciate your taking the time to offer some ideas.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its no problem. Post back if you continue to have problems and we'll see if we can't get it solved for you

robert70

Reaction score
Ok I'm kinda new to the Droid thing, this is my 2nd one and its an x2 what I'm wondering is- in the gallery of pictures you can long press on an expanded photo and attatch someone as a face to that photo, well some how I managed to attatch a rack of ribs to my wife's name, how do I change this? So it at least really shows her face?
Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

robert70

Reaction score
Thanks for the big help,, ya'll are great

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the big help,, ya'll are great

I think you will find that a lot of us do not do this sort of thing and therefore do not have a ready answer. I would suggest trying to simply assign a different picture following the same procedure. Odds are there can not be two pictures assigned to one person? Just my guess.

robert70

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer I greatly appreciate it, I don't really do that kinda thing either it was quite by accedent to begin with, and it wont let me change it, but thank you again for you time and answer.

Meltman

Reaction score
Since the update I've noticed that when I go into my gallery and hit my library I get a message. Unfortunately, my gallery has stopped. Has anyone else had this happen? What can I do to get into my library?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Did you do a factory reset either before or after doing the OS update? If not you might have to, unless a hard reset fixes it. Hold the volume down and then the power button for about 10 seconds and the phone will reboot itself.

See if it still happens and let us know.

Meltman

Reaction score
I will try a hard reset first. If I do a factory reset what do I need to do? Or better will I lose my pics vids and music? Do I need to do anything to prevent ithat from happening?

awriternot

Reaction score
I can't either. I just gave up & installed quick pic. Too lazy to factory reset.

Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I can't either. I just gave up & installed quick pic. Too lazy to factory reset.

Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx

Yeah I love QuickPic it is so much better than the stock gallery.

danielnamkung

Reaction score
"Gallery ICS" Is the best gallery app on the market.
"Camera ICS" is also a better camera than the stock. It comes with new features like taking pictures during a video and panorama shots.